Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Fiat, Pack 14 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 07 April 2021 20:35:51

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Pack 14 Stages 66-70

Stage 66; The steering column

When building the steering column, put the two parts, 66A AND 66B at a right angle to help stabilize the assembly when putting in the KM screw. This might save a thumb or finger from getting stabbed. Make sure the assembly swings freely.

Next: The Caravan. Put the inner wall into position and get the four screw holes lined up and secure with 4IP screws.

Stage 67 ;rear Caravan window

The first step in this Stage is with the dashboard. As with any wiring project, neatness counts. Install the tab, 67D with one CP screw, set the wires in place, swing the tab over and secure with the other CP screw. The two levers, 67B and 67C fit into each other as shown. Slip the parts onto the steering column. Put the indicator lever, 67A onto the steering column, it will keep the other two parts in place.

Back to the Caravan. I got the Stage 68 parts out and installed the window onto the rear wall. Then secured the wall on one side with 2CP screws. I don’t think putting the window in made the installation any easier. Put the curtain in as shown.

Stage 68; The steering wheel

I inserted the column assembly, but, it didn’t stop as shown. I forged ahead, put the steering wheel on anyway with a BM screw. Next, I added the horn. It’s a really tight press fit, I couldn’t get it on without help. I found a small piece of plastic that fits inside the diameter of the steering wheel and stood the whole assembly up on the piece of plastic and pressed the horn on from the column connection.

Next, the floor pan! Place the dash on as shown and secure with 3FP screws. Support the screw tabs as necessary. Place the column mount on the firewall as shown, over the offset of the steering column. Secure the mount with 2CP screws. If a fit adjustment is required, a small rat tail file might help.

Stage 69; Rear Caravan wall

Press fit the brake fluid cap onto the reservoir.

Now, back to the Caravan. I carefully spread the side walls apart and fit the lower rear wall into place , while matching the mounting holes. I screwed the upper and lower rear walls to the side wall with 2CP screws each. Next, I secured the other side of the lower wall with 2CP screws. Place and secure the two brackets, 69D over the joint between the upper and lower rear panels. Secure with 2CP screws each.

Stage 70; Caravan roof

I added the brake fluid reservoir to the boot floor, 70A with a GP screw. Next, I put the inner roof panel into place and put 2IP screws in the center holes. Check the location of the other four holes, if good, secure with 4IP screws.

Pack 14 is complete.

admin attached the following image(s):
IMG-1899.JPG
IMG-1900.JPG
IMG-1901.JPG
IMG-1902.JPG
IMG-1903.JPG
IMG-1904.JPG
IMG-1905.JPG
IMG-1908.JPG
IMG-1909.JPG
IMG-1910.JPG