Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Incorrect Dolphin PD32 Received in Issue 102 Packaging Options
AdamHall
#1 Posted : 14 April 2021 12:40:10

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I am seeking assistance regarding a problem with the dolphins that I received in the packaging for Issue 102.

The contents of Issue 102 “should” include Qty 6 of PD31 and Qty 6 of PD32. The problem is that I have received Qty 7 of PD31 and Qty 5 of PD32 (as seen in the picture below). This will result in a section of the stbd side framework having incomplete (or none) dolphin decorations fitted. So, I have a need for an extra PD32 dolphin decoration to make the fitting of the Left and Right facing decorations even.

I am hoping that someone can provide advice on how I can go about either:
a. Obtaining an extra dolphin PD32 from Issue 102 (this is possibly unlikely and subject to availability somewhere out there), or
b. Provide guidance (point me in the right direction) on how to make a duplicate dolphin using the ones I have as a template.

Assistance in resolving this matter for me is sincerely appreciated.

Regards, Adam

PS, I am well overdue in updating my build log and I hope to rectify this shortly.
AdamHall attached the following image(s):
Dolphins Received in Issue 102.jpg
Gandale
#2 Posted : 15 April 2021 14:18:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Adam, because the dolphin is so small I'd be tempted to sculpt a new one using Milliput Epoxy Putty. Don't think it would be too difficult to do and once painted its unlikely you'd notice the difference. Cheapest way I can think of other than contacting your CS to obtain a replacement issue..... Hope this helps...

Regards

Alan