Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Right place - Right time Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 22 April 2021 19:59:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,BigGrin

Wanted to build the RB7 for some time, but other things and finances never allowed.

Managed today to get a complete kit in budget on a well known auction site for £450 including delivery.Cool Cool

Oh Happy Days.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

CaptnBirdseye
#2 Posted : 23 April 2021 07:48:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Result! I kept looking at this kit over the years too, but like you, was never in the right position to buy.
I’m sure you’ll make a grand job of it ThumpUp
Silent_Running
#3 Posted : 23 April 2021 08:13:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Well done Derek, bargain! BigGrin
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 23 April 2021 18:33:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Thanks for the comments guys. Cool Cool

I must have my brain in "I need to learn something new" mode. Blink

Having got my head recently into 3D printing, I`m now diving head first into an RC and Nitro powered vehicle when I have not a clue what I`m doing.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I have one saving grace. There are people here who can dig me out of the DOO DOO when I get it wrong. (I hope Blushing )

Delivery expected end of next week. Not sure when the build will start yet.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

roymattblack
#5 Posted : 23 April 2021 20:06:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

What a score!
I did the same with the EM James Bond DB5 kit some years ago.
It almost makes the kit even more enjoyable to build.
Have fun...BigGrin
semaj
#6 Posted : 23 April 2021 21:14:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I loved building this. Its really interesting putting the engine together!

Watch a few videos on YouTube regarding running in nitro engines and tuning the carb and things.

Give the build isntructions a good read through before you start too as iirc at 1 point you have to disassble the shock absorbers which means draining the oil out of them to fit an extra part that was supplied later in the build and other bits like that
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
Gandale
#7 Posted : 23 April 2021 21:54:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Lucky boy Derek, am sure you'll love the experience of putting this one together.... Remember, take your time and NO SPEEDING!!!!!LOL LOL LOL

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#8 Posted : 24 April 2021 21:40:05

Thanks for the tips and comments. Cool Cool

UPS are picking it up on Monday, so hopefully here before end of next week.

Drool Drool Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#9 Posted : 25 April 2021 08:39:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice one Derek. That was a nice find. Love Love
You just want everyone to know there are still new tricks in the old dog yet.Flapper LOL

Mark
goddo
#10 Posted : 25 April 2021 15:07:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Sounds like you have got a fantastic deal there Derek.
I love those kits and at that price, a bit of a bargain.
I'll be watching this one come together.
Chris