Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Amati 1:64 hms victory Options
birdaj2
#1 Posted : 11 October 2019 21:18:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Looks like the new Amati 1:64 HMS Victory kit may not be that far away now.

No pricing details as yet but Cornwall model boats and Amati have early details on facebook tonight.

https://m.youtube.com/wa...AI&feature=youtu.be

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 12 October 2019 00:35:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks a nice kit Tony, but not keen on the copper paint I would rather have copper tiles on the lower hull just makes all the difference to me.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#3 Posted : 12 October 2019 11:11:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

No doubt this will build into a stunning display piece but I think it is a little too large for the average modeller to display, not unless they live in a very large house.....Cool Cool .. Look forward to seeing one completed though.....

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#4 Posted : 12 October 2019 12:43:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Andy/Alan

I remember following Chris Watton's updates as he was designing this one and one of the pictures he posted was the hull stood in front of his grand daughter and it showed jus how large this is.

It would never me in my reach in terms of skill, no doubt price, and as you say Alan were would you put it not just as a final display piece but having the build space to put it together.

I will be interested to see it being unboxed though.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 12 October 2019 16:10:40

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Found the link below that includes lots of pics when you scroll down.

https://modelshipworld.c...1086-amati-hms-victory/

Very nice, but still think its an unrealistic size for the average house. I made a quick calculation comparing it to the Deag version and it comes out at these sizes:

Length: 64 inches / 1625 mm

Height: 44 inches / 1117 mm

Beam: 23 inches / 584 mm

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Martyn Ingram
#6 Posted : 12 October 2019 18:01:39

BigGrin Wow she is big but if you want the ultimate model of the Victory this is the one . Stunning simply stunning Love Love
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
James H
#7 Posted : 26 July 2020 21:24:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I'm starting my build of an Amati 1:64 HMS Victory for the kit instruction manuals.

Amati 1:64 HMS Victory
CaptnBirdseye
#8 Posted : 27 July 2020 15:57:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

James H wrote:
I'm starting my build of an Amati 1:64 HMS Victory for the kit instruction manuals.

Amati 1:64 HMS Victory

Looks a quality kit, though as people have said it is BIG!
Mind you now the DeAg Victory is out of stock it might do very well, even if it isn't released commercially for another year BigGrin
CaptnBirdseye
#9 Posted : 08 May 2021 15:19:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Just been reading about this on MSW. Apparently, they are going to sell this in 3 or 4 parts due to size and cost (someone mentioned at least £1500 for full kit, but that was 2yrs ago!).
At least that would make it more financially viable.
Now if only I can find the room......
Silent_Running
#10 Posted : 08 May 2021 18:45:58

Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

This is certainly one to keep an eye on and out for. I know the details are still being worked out to a greater or lesser degree, I think the estimate for this kits release is slated for the end of 2021, but to be realistic it’s more likely going to be sometime in 2022/23 due to delays with Covid.

One things for sure the larger size would make it less fiddly to work with. Just make sure you get a chainsaw for Christmas to cut the masts BigGrin

CaptnBirdseye
#11 Posted : 08 May 2021 20:43:00

BigGrin Having read JamesH's build log for the instruction booklet, i can only agree. The way they have made the skeleton, the gunports etc is the way it should be done. I've looked at other designs by Chris Watton (Vanguard Models), and all i can say is that guy is a genious. Amati should never have let him leave lol.
Heres a link to the thread on MSW. Can only say im now saving like mad!!!

https://modelshipworld.c...comments#comment-734763

Wifey says i can have one but it has to be my retirement present (so counting the days lol). MDF bulkheads. 3 fully detailed gun decks! No ports to cut!
This really is THE definitive Vicory model to date Love Drool Love
Silent_Running
#12 Posted : 09 May 2021 10:15:29

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
BigGrin Having read JamesH's build log for the instruction booklet, i ca only agree. The way they have made the skeleton, the gunports etc is the way it should be done. I've looked at other designs by Chris Watton (Vanguard Modesl), and all i can say is that guy is a genious. Amati should never have let him leave lol.
Heres a link to the thread on MSW. Can only say im now saving like mad!!!

https://modelshipworld.c...comments#comment-734763

Wifey says i can have one but it has to be my retirement present (so counting the days lol). MDF bulkheads. 3 fully detailed gun decks! No ports to cut!
This really is THE definitive Vicory model to date Love Drool Love

Hi Captain,
It will be lovely seeing this come together when you get it. The only thing that bothers me is MDF, why not ply on such a prestigious model? Confused
CaptnBirdseye
#13 Posted : 09 May 2021 11:40:43

Having read all the blurb, both from Chris and James, the MDF allows for greater accuracy and tighter joint tolerances.
If you see post #21 he explains it much better than I

https://modelshipworld.c...hms-victory-latest-news/
Silent_Running
#14 Posted : 10 May 2021 17:14:27

[quote=CaptnBirdseye]Having read all the blurb, both from Chris and James, the MDF allows for greater accuracy and tighter joint tolerances.
If you see post #21 he explains it much better than I

https://modelshipworld.c...ms-victory-latest-news/[/quote]

Hi Captain,
I totally understand why MDF is being used and it makes perfect sense now having read the comments by Chris. This build has fully detailed decks and full cannons on every deck. It’s superb, I think Amati have been convinced that there is so much interest in this kit it is going ahead with production. Cool
Regards
Glenn
CaptnBirdseye
#15 Posted : 10 May 2021 18:08:16

BigGrin It’s taken a long time to get to where we are today with release of this kit. And it’s still a year or two away yet Sad
More time to save up then LOL Laugh LOL
Chris seems to have had a lot of success with this method of construction. His latest prototype, HMS Sphinx, follows this principle, and looks absolutely stunning too Love Drool Love
Silent_Running
#16 Posted : 10 May 2021 19:18:19

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
BigGrin It’s taken a long time to get to where we are today with release of this kit. And it’s still a year or two away yet Sad
More time to save up then LOL Laugh LOL
Chris seems to have had a lot of success with this method of construction. His latest prototype, HMS Sphinx, follows this principle, and looks absolutely stunning too Love Drool Love

I saw September /Oct 2021 in the comments 😃
CaptnBirdseye
#17 Posted : 10 May 2021 19:25:17

Yeah but I think they’ve had some setbacks? Whether COVID related or not I don’t know, but it would be fantastic if true
Silent_Running
#18 Posted : 10 May 2021 19:44:50

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Yeah but I think they’ve had some setbacks? Whether COVID related or not I don’t know, but it would be fantastic if true

Very true, I think we’re looking at 2022 tbh! BigGrin
darbyvet
#19 Posted : 10 May 2021 19:49:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

So what is the actual size of this kit when finished.It must be enormous

Carl

CaptnBirdseye
#20 Posted : 10 May 2021 20:50:46

delboy271155 wrote:
Found the link below that includes lots of pics when you scroll down.

https://modelshipworld.c...1086-amati-hms-victory/

Very nice, but still think its an unrealistic size for the average house. I made a quick calculation comparing it to the Deag version and it comes out at these sizes:

Length: 64 inches / 1625 mm

Height: 44 inches / 1117 mm

Beam: 23 inches / 584 mm

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

ITS BIG!!!