Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

David Kane Options
David Kane
#1 Posted : 10 May 2021 18:37:53

Groups: Registered

I will be purchasing the SR full package (kit). Will full printed instructions be included. I have built the Victory and the instructions were excellent. What can I expect for the SR?

Thank you.

Dave
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 10 May 2021 19:02:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

David Kane wrote:
I will be purchasing the SR full package (kit). Will full printed instructions be included. I have built the Victory and the instructions were excellent. What can I expect for the SR?

Thank you.

Dave

Hi Dave, BigGrin

Firstly, welcome to the forum.Cool

If you follow this link:

https://www.model-space....d-the-soleil-royal.html

Half way down the page you will see a tab called "The Build".

Click on that tab and all the instructions/information are available to download on the page that shows next.

Good luck with your build and I hope you keep us up to date with your progress in a diary.

There`s lots of help available here if you need it, all you have to do is ask.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

David Kane
#3 Posted : 10 May 2021 19:50:06

Derek,

Thank you for your quick response. I am aware of what you advise but when I built the HMS Victory each "Pack" was a magazine of incredible instructions. As I purchased the full package at once (12 Packs), I have 12 magazines in 2 binders. This was, essentially, a masters program for ship building. The build took me 2 ½ years but it's an incredible model. I was hoping for like instructions for the SR.
Is this not the case?
I am a big Gy Fawkes fan as I have many great friends and business partners in Saskatoon.

Dave
Gandale
#4 Posted : 10 May 2021 20:16:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum Dave and good luck with building the SR, she's a beautiful kit and well worth doing. Unfortunately, the days of printed magazines being provided with kits are almost long gone with digital versions of the build instructions being the norm. I can assure you though, the instructions for the SR are just as good as that for the Victory even if they are in digital format, plus you can always print them out. Would also recommend you follow the Official Build for this kit as there are a number of pitfalls you need to be aware of, not serious pitfalls but ones that were picked up during the build....

Regards

Alan
David Kane
#5 Posted : 10 May 2021 20:45:38

Alan,

Thank you. I have had the SR on order for some months now and will start to build the Victory cross section in a few weeks, after I finish my Syren by Model Shipways, while I patiently wait.

Dave