Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Help needed with Nelson and his crew members Options
Odo
#1 Posted : 05 March 2021 22:39:00

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Hi all,

Over 5 month ago a bought the full kit of the HMS Victory from Germany as it has been out of stock here in the UK for some time. Shortly after my purchase it also went out of stock in Germany. I must've been lucky enough to grab one of the last kits available.

However, the kit came but did not include the parts for the cutaway section and was also missing all the advertised metal figures of Nelson and his crew members.

I wasn't fussed about the materials but for the past 5 month I've been trying to chase the german customer service for the figures with countless emails and calls. During this time they send me different building stages again but none of them included the figures.

Eventually, I've received an email stating that the 'parts' are not in stock anymore. What a great disappointment.

I was wondering if anyone does have any suggestion of where I could find a set of these figures as I have not been able to source any online.

Hope anyone can help.

Best regards,
Odo

richard.l
#2 Posted : 13 May 2021 10:03:57

Hi Odo have you tried https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk they have some 25mm figurines in various poses I have ordered some myself, I also am missing some figures from the kit I never received the officers Nelson and Hardy but I received more of the crouching gun crew. I will be adding crew onto each mast in various positions and on the decks. just search forAmati Fittings: Crew Figures.
goddo
#3 Posted : 13 May 2021 16:55:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Richard,
That is a handy tip for additional crew figures as I think I am missing a few as well.
Thanks. Chris
Odo
#4 Posted : 13 May 2021 17:21:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for the link! I've been on their website numerous times and even ordered additional building materials. But for some reason did not come across these ones, only the 1:64 ones from Mantua. I was always put off the total price to make up for the 63 pieces which should've been supplied with the model.

The Amati ones are the correct scale! I might just order some additional ones.

As the german customer service never had serious interest in providing any customer service, I contacted ModelSpace UK and lo and behold, I was told that I can order all the crew members sets as they are listed at the very end of the english construction manual.

I've now received all crew members apart from the 5 crewmen and have a spare captain crew and 5 men standing gun crew. Not sure if they'll rectify the mixup as I haven't heard anything for two weeks now.

However, with your tip I can now complete the crew ThumpUp

Thanks again,
Odo

Plymouth57
#5 Posted : 13 May 2021 20:19:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hello Odo

As an alternative you could try looking for a set of figures made by a company called HaT. This is the "British Marines and Sailors" Set No 8098. They are made in the polythene plastic and are 1/72 scale which is pretty close to the Victory scale. There are four sprues of gun crews (complete with two cannon)which gives you 32 figures plus another four sprues of Marines and Boarding Party seamen - another 48 figures, that's 80 figures in all. The last set I bought a few years ago was £8.00. They are very well detailed and the polythene is considerably harder than the old Airfix soldiers we all played with!

Best of Luck!

Robin.
Plymouth57 attached the following image(s):
Crew Figures 1 72 scale.JPG
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 13 May 2021 22:12:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi BigGrin

Following on from Robins post above, I bought a set of the Hat figures some while ago and as I`ve not seen any about for a while, I made an internet search.

I could not find any available, but when I went on the Hat site it appears that this set is discontinued.Crying DON`T PANIC. This set has been replaced by two separate sets now known as Hat8311 and Hat8325.

Hope this helps.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tigerace
#7 Posted : 14 May 2021 18:36:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I get my figures here BigGrin

https://www.drumandflag.co.uk/

https://www.andysplasticfigures.co.uk/

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

CaptnBirdseye
#8 Posted : 15 May 2021 08:30:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

tigerace wrote:

That looks quite a good site looking at the range they advertise
Odo
#9 Posted : 19 May 2021 20:03:20

Thanks for all your advice guys.

Just a quick update; I've now received all the figures that belong to the full kit of the Victory from ModelSpaceUK.

Despite minor hiccups in getting the correct figures sent, the guys from their customers service were very patient and helpful!

I'll look into the recommended sites to see what additional figure choices are out there...

Cheers,
Odo
delboy271155
#10 Posted : 19 May 2021 20:56:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Odo wrote:
Thanks for all your advice guys.

Just a quick update; I've now received all the figures that belong to the full kit of the Victory from ModelSpaceUK.

Despite minor hiccups in getting the correct figures sent, the guys from their customers service were very patient and helpful!

I'll look into the recommended sites to see what additional figure choices are out there...

Cheers,
Odo

So happy you got it sorted.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"