Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply
Needed a new multimeter Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 19 May 2021 20:52:48 Quote

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

I had a multimeter that was about one and a half times the size of a credit card.

It worked well for several years, then recently the battery failed and the LCD screen started showing black pixels in the upper left corner.Crying

The battery was one of the camera type oblong things and a replacement is approx £1.50p for a decent one that would last the test of time.

So dead battery and a screen that was showing signs of failing, I thought it was time to get a replacement.

So went to ebay and for £7.59p inc battery and free p+p found this one .

Search eBay item number:164826891998

It has a stand in the back to aid viewing of the screen and an audible buzzer for continuity testing. (With my failing hearing it is a bit quiet, but still audible)

Pic below.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
20210519_202035.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Mustang
#2 Posted : 19 May 2021 21:41:09 Quote

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Nice I never understood have to use one of those things.
My Favourite Building:- 1919 https://forum.model-spac...=339517&#post339517 -
Current Build - Below Decks - https://forum.model-spac...sts&m=339187#339187 -

Coming Soon -

Built:-. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Dry dock no room to display:-. Bismarck, U96.
To build:-. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.
goddo
#3 Posted : 01 June 2021 12:47:53 Quote

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Mustang wrote:

You just hand the meter to Derek and say something like "Dunno what I'm doing. Can you do it please?"

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 01 June 2021 13:52:13 Quote

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

goddo wrote:
Mustang wrote:

You just hand the meter to Derek and say something like "Dunno what I'm doing. Can you do it please?"

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

LOL LOL LOL

Another alternative is to follow this link to a tutorial on "Using a multimeter" by Darbyvet.

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=34499

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply