Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Senna Lotus 97T Options
Warthog
#1 Posted : 19 October 2014 14:27:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

What has to be one of my favourite F1 cars of all time and would love to see it as a Partwork, is his Lotus 97T.

The striking "Black on Gold" just oozes class.

http://silodrome.com/ayrton-senna-lotus-97t/

Warthog attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
dandare
#2 Posted : 19 October 2014 15:49:22

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

is that a hint of something to come in the future LOL
can you add me to the list
Built - MP4/23, Zero, Deagostini Falcon, Model Airways 1903 Wright Flyer, Senna Mp4/4.
Working - Mclaren M23 1/8th scale to complement the Deagostini MP4/23 & Mp4/4
on the bench, Model Airways Sopwith Camel.
Warthog
#3 Posted : 19 October 2014 17:16:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Just wishful thinking Dan. Drool

Spencer
dandare
#4 Posted : 19 October 2014 18:00:11

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

would be a fantastic addition to sit next to the MP4/4
Love Love Love
Built - MP4/23, Zero, Deagostini Falcon, Model Airways 1903 Wright Flyer, Senna Mp4/4.
Working - Mclaren M23 1/8th scale to complement the Deagostini MP4/23 & Mp4/4
on the bench, Model Airways Sopwith Camel.
Tanasius
#5 Posted : 19 October 2014 23:05:34

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Silent_Running
#6 Posted : 20 October 2014 08:17:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Warthog wrote:

What has to be one of my favourite F1 cars of all time and would love to see it as a Partwork, is his Lotus 97T.

The striking "Black on Gold" just oozes class.

http://silodrome.com/ayrton-senna-lotus-97t/

I'm sure other F1 cars both past and present will be added to a growing list on the Model Space website as they have a proven track record of being popular.

One thing I have noticed spencer from the picture you posted, is just how exposed the drivers were back then, when you look at the cockpit arrangement. Cool
LucasReus
#7 Posted : 07 June 2021 22:19:35

Hey there, just to let you know that here in Brazil we are now building the Lotus 97t model from Deagostini. I'm not sure if this collection was released in any other country, but anyway I've attached some pics so you can have an idea on how it's going the build here.

Regards,
File Attachment(s):
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-07 at 18.14.49.jpeg (77kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-07 at 18.14.49 (2).jpeg (83kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-07 at 18.14.49 (1).jpeg (53kb) downloaded 18 time(s).
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-07 at 18.14.23.jpeg (67kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
Eagle
#8 Posted : 08 June 2021 13:00:41

Red Medal: Red Medal

Lucas': thank you for posting photos of your Lotus 97T build; this subscription is not available anywhere else [ I've tried , believe me!] I was only able to secure issue #1 here in the US, and none others. Will be watching with interest ........
LucasReus
#9 Posted : 08 June 2021 18:55:58

Hey Eagle! No problem, I made an instagram account to post the build process, but it will take a while as the parts are arriving once in a month to me. And it's my first build ever, so please bear in mind that LOL

If anyone else is interested: @minicustomshop

Also, as I went on with the Lotus build, I'm now chasing the mp4/4 editions here hahaha. I have like 60% of the editions. Soon I'll try to build the mp4 as well!

Best regards,
gigi88
#10 Posted : 06 July 2021 12:43:09

Red Medal: Red Medal

LucasReus wrote:
Hey there, just to let you know that here in Brazil we are now building the Lotus 97t model from Deagostini. I'm not sure if this collection was released in any other country, but anyway I've attached some pics so you can have an idea on how it's going the build here.

Regards,

Oh yeah Lucas

That is correct. I can confirm this. The new model is out since last year ant the quality is also very good. I can´t say if it also from Kyosho, but based on the information on their site, seems to be a comparable quality to the Mp4/4 and MP4/23.
Please fill free to read more information under their site:

The Youtube Product overview also.

The online PDF Brochure:

First online build diary.

I realy hope this comes to Europe any time soon. Japan doesn´t have it on the market yet. I believe this is a commond project of Deagostini Brasil and the brasilian Senna Foundation.

Anyway, if anyone has more news , information, please fill free to reply to this topic.
Keep in touch!

All the best.
Stefan
gigi88 attached the following image(s):
Lotus97T-1_8_Deagostini1.jpg
LucasReus
#11 Posted : 15 July 2021 01:22:01

gigi88 wrote:
LucasReus wrote:

Regards,

Oh yeah Lucas

That is correct. I can confirm this. The new model is out since last year ant the quality is also very good. I can´t say if it also from Kyosho, but based on the information on their site, seems to be a comparable quality to the Mp4/4 and MP4/23.
Please fill free to read more information under their site:

The Youtube Product overview also.

The online PDF Brochure:

First online build diary.

I realy hope this comes to Europe any time soon. Japan doesn´t have it on the market yet. I believe this is a commond project of Deagostini Brasil and the brasilian Senna Foundation.

Anyway, if anyone has more news , information, please fill free to reply to this topic.
Keep in touch!

All the best.
Stefan

Hey Stefan!

I'm not sure if the Ayrton Senna Institute here participated somehow of the project...I mean, their logo appears in all editions but as far as I'm concerned Deagostini (it's not clear also who is the manufacturer, definetely not Kyosho, parts are arriving without any information) developed this model with the supervision of the Classic Team Lotus, just as it happened with the previous collection of the Mclaren MP4/4. Anyway, all the build process so far didn't involve glue, just need to tighten the screws on!

I'm adding some more pictures and also comparing with some parts of the MP4/4 so you can have a look.

As I mentioned before, I made an instagram account just to keep the updates on the Lotus build process (@minicustomshop).

If you or anyone else need any other information I'm glad to help Smile

Best regards,
Lucas

File Attachment(s):
Wheel and tire.jpeg (74kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
Rear wing Lotus.jpeg (53kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
Rear wing comparison.jpeg (54kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
Comparison.jpeg (103kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
Edition #11 unpacked.jpeg (91kb) downloaded 11 time(s).