Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

July 2021 Featured Build is....... Options
Gandale
#1 Posted : 05 July 2021 23:00:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

So pleased to see Robin (Plymouth57), last years Featured Build award winner, post up his build of the DeAgostine 1/8th Scale Ferrari 312 T4. As with all of Robin's builds, the level of detail he goes into is something to behold. Happy to say this build is no different and has therefore been selected as this months Featured Build. If you haven't visited his diary then now is the time to take a look....

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=34951

Congratulations Robin, very well deserved.....

Regards

Alan

I should have thrown some proper, Nevada dust into the box when I sent it over!

This was the prize for last years comp. I’m delighted to see it went to a truly deserving modeler. It’s a good kit to start with, but this is taking it to the next level!

Fantastic!

Mark
tf64
#2 Posted : 06 July 2021 07:39:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Congratulations Robin on winning build of the month a well-deserved achievement, looking forward to your next post.

Good luck with your build

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

goddo
#3 Posted : 06 July 2021 12:05:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Well done Robin. Congratulations on the award for a great diary.
Always interested to see how you go about enhancing your models with that little bit extra.
Chris
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 06 July 2021 13:31:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Congrats Robin.
A superb build diary. Keep it coming.BigGrin
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 08 July 2021 08:46:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Well done Robin, excellent build as usual and well deserved.Cool ThumpUp

Mark
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 10 July 2021 13:11:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Well done Robin.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

kpnuts
#7 Posted : 10 July 2021 19:12:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well done and well deserved
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
Plymouth57
#8 Posted : 12 July 2021 21:19:04

My sincerest thanks to all the above for their wonderful comments!Blushing Blushing Blushing
I couldn't believe it when I (eventually) saw this announcement - it was a great honour to receive the very first Highlighted Build of the Month back in January of last year and then to win that fantastic prize in the end of year competition was incredible - and now the build diary of the prize for the build diary gets its own Highlight!!Blink
All I can say is its not me typing this at the keyboard, its a big Cheshire Cat!BigGrin (see!)
Many thanks again to all, the engine is now underway and will be up shortly (would have been up sooner but I got carried away again!)Blushing

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
tenderfoot
#9 Posted : 26 July 2021 19:16:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Registered

Congratulations, Plymouth57! What a great build. You have inspired me to take the plunge and dabble in resin casting. Keep up the excellent work and thank you for sharing with us.
COMPLETED:
• HMS Victory (DeAgostini Subscription) - if you haven't got it, get it...what a beautiful build. This was my first attempt at this stuff and what a great experience. The instructions were spot on for those new to the hobby.
• HMS Bounty Admiralty (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN PROGRESS:
• USS Constitution (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN NEED OF MY LOVE AND ATTENTION:
• HMS Sovereign of the Seas (DeAgostini Subscription) - promise myself I will get to this after I finish the USS Constitution and the HMS Bounty. Need to maintain balance in my marriage.