Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Another E Type Options
roymattblack
#1 Posted : 27 July 2021 10:57:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I've been working on this one on and off over the past 18 months.
It's actually the third one I've done and this one is a commission for someone else.
I'm already adding lots of extra details and various small missing parts.
The colour is staying as-is but the interior is at present undecided.

Kit battery and my replacement...

On we go...
roymattblack attached the following image(s):
P1019726.JPG
P1019729.JPG
bfam4t6
#2 Posted : 29 July 2021 16:15:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Looking good Roy! I look forward to really starting my own Jag kit and using a bunch of your upgrades. I’m up to month 15 in my subscription, and have a few random bits screwed together. Maybe watching your build will inspire me to fully pull the trigger. Looking forward to watching!
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

Markwarren
#3 Posted : 29 July 2021 20:16:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Roy, you must be able to do these in your sleep.

Mark
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 30 July 2021 12:37:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Markwarren wrote:
Nice work Roy, you must be able to do these in your sleep.

Mark

Not far off Mark...LOL LOL LOL

Anyway - under floor painted to match the body, rear diff bits and exhaust boxes fitted.
Centre console covered in leather. The trim has been decided on tan...
P1019730.JPG
P1019731.JPG
P1019732.JPG
P1019733.JPG
Kev the Modeller
#5 Posted : 30 July 2021 13:51:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Very nice work as always Roy, your real leather upgrades always add a 'next level' look to the model and that tan colour will look beautiful within the overall British Racing Green colour scheme for this car.

I'm sure the recipient will be well chuffed with what you've done! Cool ThumpUp

Kev
Per Ardua Ad Astra
roymattblack
#6 Posted : 01 August 2021 11:39:43

Many thanks Kev.

Part of the interior now sorted.
Carpeting added, tunnel top fixed in place.
I've also assembled the dashboard parts and as per my previous E Types, I've carpeted inside the cubby box.
This time though, I haven't added leather to the dash top as I found that using even the thinnest leather, it makes getting the dash and interior parts very tight when it comes to fitting it all into the body.

On we go.
P1019734.JPG
P1019735.JPG
roymattblack
#7 Posted : 01 August 2021 16:35:42

Another bit sorted today.

I've added the leather to the rear deck and fitted the chrome strips.
All screwed to the main floor.
Moving along at a pace now. Hoping to get this one put to bed before too long...
P1019736.JPG
P1019737.JPG
P1019738.JPG
roymattblack
#8 Posted : 06 August 2021 11:18:18

More done on the interior.
New seats cast and covered in leather, rear inner wings and rear luggage flap in place.
I'll soon be up to the end of pack 86 and then it will be just waiting for the final parts to arrive.
P1019740.JPG
P1019741.JPG
P1019742.JPG
Kev the Modeller
#9 Posted : 07 August 2021 17:00:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Top job as always Roy, looks lovely with the warm rich tones of the leather and the paler cappuccino coloured carpets, plus the chrome strips give a lovely accent that catches the eye!

Very nice work, well done. Drool ThumpUp

Kev
Per Ardua Ad Astra