Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
F1 2011 on XBOX 360 Options
Austin
#21 Posted : 16 September 2011 18:53:52

Groups:

Senna94 how can you in a sober, intelligent state of mind say that the xbox is better than the ps3? Not only are the graphic basically the same, but ps3 has so much to offer, blu ray, Internet on your tv, play tv(which is the same as sky plus but without paying), free music videos, psn with a massive range of movies to rent or buy, plus it's free to play online. It's far better dude. Just admit it to yourself. You know the truth. Way to go Karl, didn't take you for a gt fan. I'll have you a race some time.
Senna94
#22 Posted : 16 September 2011 18:58:49

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Austin wrote:
Senna94 how can you in a sober, intelligent state of mind say that the xbox is better than the ps3? Not only are the graphic basically the same, but ps3 has so much to offer, blu ray, Internet on your tv, play tv(which is the same as sky plus but without paying), free music videos, psn with a massive range of movies to rent or buy, plus it's free to play online. It's far better dude. Just admit it to yourself. You know the truth. Way to go Karl, didn't take you for a gt fan. I'll have you a race some time.

Hey, everyone's entitled to an opinion, right? BigGrin

I mean, xbox - 1080p. Thats what did it for me. I'm not saying the PS3 is useless and all the rest, because If it was, I wouldn't still have one.

The rest is opinion, controllers etc.

I don't want to go into an arguement with you! Im not like that, but please, accept other peoples opinions!

Building the McLaren MP4-23
Austin
#23 Posted : 17 September 2011 12:29:06

Groups:

Only having a laugh senna94.
Senna94
#24 Posted : 17 September 2011 15:15:14

Fair enough!
In my defence though, it's difficult to understand when someone is joking or not etc when people chat through these means!, but all is clear BigGrin
Building the McLaren MP4-23
willz
#25 Posted : 17 September 2011 15:21:21

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

i got f1 2010 for the pc, i don`t know how good it was on the consols but it didn`t even come close to my 5 year old rfactor sim by image space.

Willz
scottww86
#26 Posted : 17 September 2011 21:46:36

i got hooked on F1 2010 from the first try!! now 3x world champion! ive had F1 2011, modern warfare 3 and bettlefield 3 all on ps3 pre-ordered for a couple of months now!! finally getting close to them starting to arrive!LOL
ive got both consoles but the xbox seems to be retired at the min. all that will change when forza 4 is released though!! that game looks superb and the kinect head tracking to look in to corners and the wing mirrors is an amazing feature!! definately one to watch out for!! BigGrin
If at first you don't succeed........skydiving is not for you!
Heinzy
#27 Posted : 22 September 2011 10:05:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Quote:
This year's instalment of the popular Formula One series will be the first to include this real-life event, in which a slow-moving vehicle will emerge on the track to regulate speed during caution periods.

Its introduction will add a whole new tactical dimension to races, as players will be able to time their entrances into the pit lane when the safety car appears, allowing them to get a lap advantage over their competitors.

Drivers will also need to consider the distance they will need to keep between themselves and other cars, while performing weaving sequences to keep their tyres hot.

Stephen Hood, chief games designer on F1 2011, said: "Safety car - a lot of people have been asking us for it. We'd always said we'd only do it when it was absolutely right."

Drool

Oh yeah Cool
scottww86
#28 Posted : 22 September 2011 13:20:31

that sounds sweet!! shame my bank have cancelled my bank card due to "unauthorised transactions" which were actually all authorised by me!! now my pre-order has also been cancelled as the money couldnt be taken from my account! now ill have to get up from my chair and go pick it up in person! Cursing lol
If at first you don't succeed........skydiving is not for you!
dave1978
#29 Posted : 22 September 2011 14:24:13

Im picking it up tomorrow, but getting round to play is another matter as Gears of War 3 is just amazing, all the problems of GEars 2 are gone, all the good from Gears 1 is in there but smooth.
SennaMentalMe
#30 Posted : 22 September 2011 15:26:23

Groups:

BigGrin Hi all,

Had it on pre-order and guess what ... it popped through my letterbox this morning, so I've already GOT IT ... YEEEEHAAAAA!!!!! Drool Just haven't got time to play it until tonight !! Cursing Crying

Regards ... Kev.BigGrin
Heinzy
#31 Posted : 22 September 2011 15:27:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Your kidding!!! well jealous!

Im getting mine tomorrow

Only problem is I'm up in Scotland with the in-laws until monday

Thats going to kill me having the game and no ps3Cursing !!!!

Might just take mine up there Cool
SennaMentalMe
#32 Posted : 22 September 2011 16:15:57

Groups:

BigGrin Hi Heinzy,

Heinzy wrote:
Your kidding!!! well jealous!

Im getting mine tomorrow

Only problem is I'm up in Scotland with the in-laws until monday

Thats going to kill me having the game and no ps3Cursing !!!!

Might just take mine up there Cool

NOT kidding mate and very sorry to hear about your impending weekend of doom and gloom with the in-laws instead of doing an installation lap round the new Indian GP circuit ... or fiddling with KERS ...or DRS ... or racing at dusk in Abu Dhabi ... or following the Safety Car after the major pile-up at the first corner has left me in P1!! YESSSS !! ...WHOOOHOOO !! Flapper Flapper Will post first impressions later tonight (if the wife manages to get me off the Xbox long enough to jump on here) !! LOL LOL

Regards ... Kev. BigGrin
SennaMentalMe
#33 Posted : 22 September 2011 17:44:26

Groups:

BigGrin Hi all,

Useful link to a great 6.5 mins video of in-game footage (Xbox 360) and features for those who haven't seen anything of this game yet:

http://au.gamespot.com/x...56/f1-2011-video-review

Superb graphics, smoother frame rate, car moves around in a way that lends a feeling of weight to the car, realistic tyre damage, more aggressive defending from AI drivers, harsher engine sounds, and much closer to the real sport than F1 2010 ever was. Drool Love

At long last the game designers have catered LESS for the numpties/beginners and MORE for the true petrolheads and F1 fans. AWESOME - I think I have just died and gone to heaven!!!!! LOL Drool ThumpUp

Gonna get my lap times up to speed then give Ron Dennis a call about next seasons' vacancies methinks!!! LOL LOL

Regards ... Kev. BigGrin
SennaMentalMe
#34 Posted : 22 September 2011 23:35:13

Groups:

BigGrin Hi all,

Been playing the game now for a couple of hours and what can I say?? How about knocks F1 2010 into a cocked hat!! Awesome graphics, just stunning, much harder to drive, just like the real thing and when you get it right it is exhilerating!! Atmospherics look very nice in China quite hazy, ABSOLUTELY bucketed down in Malaysia and very featherlike on acceleration has it fishtailing all the way to the podium, great stuff!! Gives a VERY real sense of being in a wet race (just needs a shower head sprayed in your face to finish it off)!! Haven't seen the safety car out yet but it is in the game ready and waiting for when Liuzzi takes out half the field at Monza!! LOL

The New Delhi circuit in India is absolutely awesome, very nice track, with a very long straight that has you bouncing off the limiter three quarters of the way down it unless you have a very long top gear!! You also have to manage your fuel usage during the race and change engine mapping as the engineer instructs, otherwise you won't finish the race - Love it, Love it, Love it!!

Also raced at Spa and very difficult to take Eau Rouge flat unless you get it absolutely right and very scary when you get it wrong!! For sheer sense of driving an F1 car it can't be beat, is NOTHING like F1 2010 and a vast improvement on anything that has gone before, gonna be very hard to beat this next year methinks.

Nice touches include: Driver gets into car in the garage, celebrates in Parc Ferme if you finish in the top three, Marshals wave the flags on track not just a coloured square on the screen, front wing flexes as you ride the kerbs and bends up and down as downforce increases/decreases, driver flicks gearshift paddles with fingers as you change gear and superb noise from the tyres as you light them up or lock them on a wet surface. SUPERB!! You're gonna love this if you love F1 and if it was a choice between buying food for the kids or buying this game, the kids would have to starve!! LOL LOL

I rate it 9.5/10 (just a couple of very small faults!!)

Regards ... Kev. BigGrin
Heinzy
#35 Posted : 27 September 2011 11:09:54

100% back you up with that Kev!

Got back last night from my diversion north of the border, put the little'n to bed and cracked on with starting my career

My favourite thing was the opening credits was the highlights of the season so far!

Haven't had a career race yet, just some laps in p1 and p2

Getting to grips with KERS and DRS was a little tricky at first but you really do notice the difference

Who has everyone signed for?

I took Paul Diresta's space at force india, I have a little love for force india, I have a mate who works there and has hooked me up with a few perks, so I felt it was the only choice!