Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

HELP.. Will Falcon Subscription and Binder Orders EVER be fulfilled? Options
CanadaPhil
#1 Posted : 01 August 2021 19:13:45

Groups: Registered

Please Help...

I would appreciate some clarification as I have become concerned that there are serious issues going on with your firm.

I have (Had?) been a happy customer but now I have no idea what is happening here.

This goes back to me placing an order for 2 SETS OF FALCON BINDERS to go along with my MF Subscription going all the way back to the NOVEMBER 2020 BLACK FRIDAY SALE! I have never had this order fulfilled even though you have continued to list the MF Binders as AVAILABLE for Sale on your website the whole time!? I have made two calls into Customer Service over the last nearly 8 months only to be told that the item is BACK ORDERED and will ship when available?? OK?

But now I have increasingly concerned that all the money I have spent on my MF Subscription to date going back to the Summer of 2020 will vanish into the ether. I am roughly just at the half way point of my Sub. and I have not received a shipment in months now!

I notice that almost EVERYTHING is now showing as OUT OF STOCK on your site in virtually every single category with many items having disappeared completely from view altogether.

When/How will this situation be resolved? I am actually seriously considering contacting my bank to begin a formal request to open a file requesting a charge back on all my previous shipments! if I do not get some form of GUARANTEE that my subscription will actually be able to be completed. I am already out what some would consider a small fortune to date.

What use is an ONLY HALF UNCOMPLETED MODEL??

I have made a copy of this message noting date/time for my BANK.

Please advise ASAP.
Thank You.
admin
#2 Posted : 01 August 2021 22:53:31

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hello,

First, and foremost, you will not be losing your money. There has been a problem with a couple of packs, 15 in particular. The reason you’ve not received any parts is because if a pack is out of stock, nothing subsequent is shipped. You’ve only paid for what you’ve received.

Re everything being out of stock- All movie related product has been moved to FanHome, as part of a realignment.

Please PM me with your account details, and I’ll look into it. The forums ARE NOT connected to the retail arm of ModelSpace, so it takes a few days to get answers.

Best,

Mark
CanadaPhil
#3 Posted : 02 August 2021 01:37:39

Mark,

I appreciate your reply and I completely understood that this is not technically related to the retail arm of ModelSpace, but considering all their pages that are still live line to here and they sometimes post updates through you and others here, I posted here in order to have some visibility with these concerns. I would bet that I am not the only one with concerns about the continued viability of this organization given the optics of late.

When one looks at product on the US site, which serves Canada, there is almost NOTHING remaining for sale compared to when I had joined on in 2020. Dozens of formerly listed items have simply disappeared not to return and there is no communication of ANY kind from Modelspace with regards to anything. I never receive any correspondence from them advising of what to expect or what is going on with the firm in general. One is always left completely in the dark.

I am not saying that I have not had good customer service from ModelSpace in the past in the times that I have had to call in regarding billing updates or just a general question. But now I find this current situation very troubling.

You mentioned FANHOME. Thanks for that. I have never heard the term or of the site until tonight. However, I don't know what that even means for current customers still in the process of trying to complete model kits??

In past I would have said that competitor Eaglemoss had terrible communication and customer (I buy several of their products) but it seems that they have finally upped their game and things move very smoothly with them now. However, the position seems to have completely flipped and now I have lost faith in being a ModelSpace customer.

I now wish I had opted to get the full kit back in 2020. Now, with about 13 shipments still left to go I have no idea how long this is actually going to take.. 13 more months? 16 months? 18 months? longer? (well I guess that 13 months is obviously off the table now)

The Binder situation is just bizarre. I placed that order on November 25th during their Black Friday Sale. It has never been fulfilled. All the while this product has STILL remained for sale on the US site for the last nearly 9 months since then. However when I have called in to inquire about it, I am advised it is STILL ON BACKORDER?.. 9 months on "Back Order" but still being sold? I could care less about the Binders now. I just don't feel the Falcon Model subscription is ever going to be filled at this rate. I have had 2 prior missed shipment dates for this current one btw, but those were made up a month or so later. That was when the site STILL had items such as the X-WING, R2D2 and many other things up for sale.

Now, this current empty period with ALMOST nothing being left for sale on the US site has the aura of a firm whose websites are about to suddenly go dark in the middle of the night with no further recourse? The links to Deagostini.com that hits first on Google for the Millenium Falcon only link to an Australian page!? The UK ones are all currently DEAD.

What else are people supposed to think about this? The optics alone are awful.

Before I do anything else I will make another call to the toll free CS line for North America sometime tommorrow and see what kinds of responses I receive.

suey
#4 Posted : 02 August 2021 16:41:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Quote: I now wish I had opted to get the full kit back in 2020.

Hate to say this (personal experience) Don't rely on a full kit having everything!!

I ordered full kit Santissima Trinidad a year ago now. Big box arrived fairly quickly. Full of the packs that would have arrived monthly, it took me 3 weeks to check the contents. Didn't help that quite a few packs had no label and numbering was a right mix up as the cross-section was interspersed with the main ship. Only to find several parts are missing. Never a complete pack, just some of a packs' contents.

Of course I called customer service to complain. Left details etc. Two weeks? As if. Two or three more calls at long intervals. They seemed to have forgotten the details, so I had to give them again. Then COVID.

So I left them alone. Methinks its time to call again !! Fortunately I was buying whilst the model was on offer and I was intending to leave on the shelf for a while.
So no, don't rely on ordering a full kit to solve all your problems. Good luck in getting a resolution tho.
Sue
admin
#5 Posted : 03 August 2021 06:07:36

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi,

Can you please pm me with your details? I’ll have a look on my end. It’s very limited, but…

Oh. I’ll need part numbers too.

Thanks!

Mark
Capt.Raccoon
#6 Posted : 17 August 2021 15:29:39

Just paid for 3rd month in a row, without receiving anything, also have been trying to change my delivery address but didn't get any response.

This is quickly becoming worst customer service I have ever experienced
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 18 August 2021 08:20:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Capt.Raccoon wrote:
Just paid for 3rd month in a row, without receiving anything, also have been trying to change my delivery address but didn't get any response.

This is quickly becoming worst customer service I have ever experienced

Have you tried to contact them by telephone, usually get a quicker response than email?

Mark
MrEsteban
#8 Posted : 20 August 2021 16:24:51

Hello. First time using this forum. I am also a millennium falcon subscriber also waiting for pack 15. What is frustrating if I read this correctly is that it appears That it has gone to fanhome? Does that mean that they will fulfill our orders going forward?
Markwarren
#9 Posted : 21 August 2021 09:20:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

MrEsteban wrote:
Hello. First time using this forum. I am also a millennium falcon subscriber also waiting for pack 15. What is frustrating if I read this correctly is that it appears That it has gone to fanhome? Does that mean that they will fulfill our orders going forward?

All movie related products has been moved to FanHome, as part of a realignment. Your subscription will not change. There has been a problem with a couple of packs, 15 in particular. Once this is back in stock I’m sure it will be shipped to you.

Mark
bmwiggins
#10 Posted : 27 August 2021 12:59:44

I too am waiting on Pack 15.

Should have been sent first week in August, but I've had no courtesy notification from them to let me know.

On mailing them this morning to chase I got this very swift response.

I am sorry but pack 15 of the Millennium Falcon is ut of stock, that is why you have not been charged this Month. We will continue with pack 16 in september as normal and then forward no 15 when available, but we do not yet have a delivery date. Mad

This frustrates me as I work in a Customer facing service role so know full well that being told stuff has gone wrong AFTER a chase is one of the biggest annoyances of paying customers. Mad

What I don't understand is they surely must know exactly how many subscriptions they've got to fulfill and you would expect it must be someone's job to order the exact same quantity of each issue from the suppliers to fulfill those. Yet here we are with at least three people with no pack 15 and no date for getting it !! I had the same problem with the X-Wing - months waiting on one out of stock pack, with no eta and subsequent packs stacking up unable to be fitted.

How they so regularly come to be short of enough of a specific pack to leave multiple subscribers unfulfilled is beyond me.

They also did not send me the magazines for pack 2 in June 2020 as they only had German language copies. I was told back then they were coming from the printers and to give it 12 days. 14 months on and still no supply of those.

Response to another chase of that was

The magazines are on order from The US but unfortunately again we do not have delivery dates.

as for supply of binders, the response was

In respect of the Binders we are not expecting these in the near future.

It would be useful to get a statement from someone senior within DeAgostini as to what they are doing about employing someone who can get a grip of stock control, get firm dates for supply and to then communicate that to paying customers.
Built - R2D2, Thunderbird 2, X-Wing / WAS Building(Ha!)- Bailed after eight months without pack 15 - Millenium Falcon
r2p0
#11 Posted : 27 August 2021 14:06:38

Hi , still waiting pack 15 since october 2020 ... no response to message , very poor service and very very disapointed
admin
#12 Posted : 29 August 2021 04:44:31

Can you guys please shoot me a PM with your details?

Pack 15 has been a problem for a while. (I’m being diplomatic) However, you WILL get your full sub. That said, I really couldn’t tell you when, even if my life depended on it.

Mark
Capt.Raccoon
#13 Posted : 30 August 2021 14:29:04

Is it normal that I'm being charged and not receiving anything?

It's not pack 15 btw