Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Revell 1/8 65 corvette Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 03 April 2017 18:35:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

HI all well I'm calling it done, long way from my best work, very dissatisfied with it, mainly the paintwork, but the door fit is pretty bad and the doors won't stay open without support, it's actually a very poorly detailed kit for the money, it's on amazon for 89 quid, I have to say it's well over priced when you could add 50 quid and get the heller citroen (which is in another world to this) not a kit I will ever buy again. Anyway here is the final result.

Ken's the name modeling's the game.
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 03 April 2017 20:39:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Ken

You are a real tempter with these great models.

This is another i fancied and put an offer in at the weekend against one listed at £100.00

Thought my offer was decent bearing in mind the parts in the kit etc but they came back with an offer of £95.00

Its buyers market and if you want something that bad you may pay the price but bit beyond my means BigGrin

Really enjoyed following along with you on this one.

Just wondering now what other build you may treat us too?

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
kpnuts
#3 Posted : 03 April 2017 20:44:39

As I said it's on amazon for 89 quid.
birdaj2
#4 Posted : 03 April 2017 22:04:20

kpnuts wrote:
As I said it's on amazon for 89 quid.

Thanks for that Ken BigGrin
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
kpnuts
#5 Posted : 02 September 2021 21:25:45

rpmracing18
#6 Posted : 03 September 2021 02:17:43

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Ken,
Man That’s Awesome !! I’ve never seen any American Muscle cars in 1/8 scale beside the Shelby you can buy here on model-space. This is a Revell right? What was the year manufacture that Revell produced this model? I’d really enjoy building this model!! If only I could find one.
Thanks for photos Ken,
Rich
kpnuts
#7 Posted : 03 September 2021 09:28:58

Not produced any more mate, got it off eBay. Roy built one of these in red and detailed it up, looks awesome