Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages «<234
X-Wing Official Build Custom/Enhancements Options
Markwarren
#61 Posted : 01 November 2020 18:17:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

birdaj2 wrote:
That looks brilliant.

All that lighting adds so much to the model.

Thank you Tony, took a lot of patience.

Mark
Markwarren
#62 Posted : 01 November 2020 18:21:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

delboy271155 wrote:
WTG Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Who needs Blackpool Illuminations.

Just watch Mark`s X-Wing. Careful you don`t drain the national grid, it gets dark earlier these days.LOL Flapper LOL

Keep up the good work on the enhancements. I`m loving it.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Thank you Derek.BigGrin

Not sure about the national grid, just plugged into the lamp post outside. Keeps my energy bills down.LOL LOL

Did notice they keep replacing the bulbs though.LOL LOL

Mark
Markwarren
#63 Posted : 01 November 2020 18:23:18

Andreas wrote:
I can only agree,BigGrin
I subscribed to Mark on YouTube a long time ago.
if someone wants to expand his skills, then this is the right channel to do that.
The cockpit is just awesome! excellent Job!BigGrin ThumpUp

Many thanks Andreas.

Mark
Wabie
#64 Posted : 01 November 2020 19:12:30

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support Team Germany, Administrator, Official Builds, Tech Support, Moderator, registriert

Hello Mark,

your cockpit is absolutely awesome. Drool Drool

really amazing, i love it Love Love Love
Alle Berichte sowie alle Fotos unterliegen dem Urheberrecht. Verwendung außerhalb dieses Forums bedürfen schriftlicher Genehmigung/Zustimmung meinerseits. © Stefan

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIC4f1LE86w

MfG Stefan
clay
#65 Posted : 02 November 2020 13:28:47

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Well Mark...I did it...I pulled the trigger and bought that screen, along with the paragrafix cockpit detail crap! Now I have to tear apart my model and redo everything cockpit related! Thanks a lot you...you...well, I'm trying to keep this PG-13!

Thanks for finding this gem! I can't wait to try this! I even ordered their USB plug-in so I can deal with the wiring in a more simple manner! Please forgive me in wanting to copycat what you've done but I've learned a lot from your examples! BTW, the screen was out of stock until this weekend! so apparently, I'm not the only one getting this!!!

Cheers mate and as always, I'll be looking forward to your next update!

Clay

oh, I have one more shipment and then I'll have all the parts to this monstrosity!

Markwarren
#66 Posted : 08 November 2020 10:08:08

Well done Clay, glad you got one in the end. Cool ThumpUp I did see they were out of stock on the screens, but within a few days had some more in.

Just be very careful when cutting the panels out. The part goes very flimsy until you attach the etched brass panels on.
One tip I have for you is, when you put the decals on, have a light shining underneath so you can align the light holes. Also do a couple at a time and allow to dry overnight before putting the next couple on. That way the decals that have dried won’t move when holding the part to put the next ones on. I did mine over 3 days.
When applying varnish, only use acrylic as the decals have a coat of acrylic on them already.

I look forward to seeing your result soon.

Mark

Gandale
#67 Posted : 08 November 2020 14:01:37

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Mark, your modelling skills never cease to amaze me. This is simply fantastic all round and real pleasure to see. Love Love Love Love ...

Regards

Alan
Darrin.7
#68 Posted : 27 December 2020 05:59:06

Markwarren wrote:
darbyvet wrote:
great work.You really are a master of weathering

Carl

Thanks Carl. I’ve no plans to alter anything structurally, just some simple weathering and maybe highlight the cockpit more.
I’ve even bought a Luke Skywalker in the same scale in his orange fight kit.

Happy New Year to you ThumpUp

Mark

Where did you purchase X-wing pilot?
Simo7007
#69 Posted : 02 May 2021 13:00:02

Sterling job.
DeAgo Falcon: 100% Complete.
DeAgo R2D2: 100% Complete.
DeAgo X Wing: 100% Complete.
clay
#70 Posted : 18 June 2021 13:10:28

Um...Mark...you're slacking on your build!! Because of you, mine has come to a grinding halt!

No, seriously, I hope all is well and like everyone else here on this forum, I'm looking forward to your updates! I keep sending Facebook forum people to this forum to check out your build!

Cheers mate!

Clay
Markwarren
#71 Posted : 18 June 2021 14:27:12

Thanks Clay.

I have now all the parts to finish the build. I am going to continue with the official build and custom one together, so I will be starting again very soon.
I have also bought a circuit board with remote to add sound effects for not a lot of money. I just need to program it first, then hopefully will be able give details on where to buy and show how to program it and where to download the sound files for anyone wishing to do something similar.
I’m doing a lot of research on how it will all go together and re-painting all the internal parts. But stay with me, should be starting very soon.

Regards
Mark
clay
#72 Posted : 21 June 2021 11:28:49

AAARRRGGGGHHH! I will continue to curse you!

That is awesome! I will not be adding any sound effects! I'll just be damn happy to finish mine...then revisit my "complete yet not finished Millennium Falcon" build...I'm sure everyone here is waiting to see what you do!

cheers!

Clay
Markwarren
#73 Posted : 05 September 2021 19:33:20

Official build started again. I am repainting a lot of the parts, particularly the hyperdrive and all internal areas, so it is taking a little longer than expected. I am also trying to keep the stages in the right order, rather than building the likes of the hyperdrive all in one go. I am going for detailing in these areas as these will all be displayed on mine when finished.

I have taken a lot of time wiring my own extra lighting parts that the cockpit endures. This has had to be done sooner as issue 77 puts the whole wiring loom together and gets enclosed with the top part.
I will be using the 9v external plug for mine so a 9v supply was spliced into the 9v socket on the kit.

Here are some pictures of the hyperdrive so far. Note, the painted parts are just the base, more weathering and extra pipes will go in on the next stage.

More soon.

Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
IMG_1493.jpg
IMG_1494.jpg
clay
#74 Posted : 16 September 2021 12:35:00

Perfect Mark!
Markwarren
#75 Posted : 07 March 2022 23:26:55

The official build will be underway again very shortly, just finalising some electronics before connection the frame. Part of the continuing build included the completion of the hyperdrive, so here is a sneak preview of the repainted section. I’ve shown the difference between stock parts and what can be done with a little paint.
More very soon.
Mark
photo 07-03-2022, 10 29 15 pm.jpg
photo 07-03-2022, 10 14 08 pm.jpg
photo 07-03-2022, 10 14 22 pm.jpg
delboy271155
#76 Posted : 08 March 2022 17:29:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

WOW, Blink Blink Blink

That looks like a well used hyperdrive.

Still watching. Love

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#77 Posted : 28 March 2022 13:36:11

Many thanks DerekBigGrin
I am just about ready to attach the front nose frame with the rest of the rear body. Here you can see that I have placed the electronics and power board, which will run the cockpit lighting and screen/monitor that I have placed inside myself, replacing the stock bulbs that come with the kit. I have designed and 3D printed the base plate for the board to sit on which sits inside the front framework as shown. I had to build the framework around the electronics, which was a job in itself, so I Just hope it all works when it is wired up.Crying

My power board and electronics, sources its power from the main power supply directly that the kit is supplied with, bypassing the main circuit board supplied with the kit. This means I only have one power supply, supplying both boards regulating the power supply so not to overpower the supplied board.

Mark
X-Wing Frame.jpg