Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Forum Support Team Options
admin
#1 Posted : 05 July 2019 06:13:40

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Since 2009 ModelSpace has rapidly grown, with members from around the world, which as the site expands will continue to grow in number.

The Forum Support Team is able to offer help and guidance around the forum and will also provide modelling expertise and know-how. They also introduce articles and items of interest into the forum and also work on their own builds and official builds, and manage the general day to day operation of the forum. Please be aware that the forum is a place for like minded individuals with an interest in model making to discuss model making. We cannot produce parts, handle payment issues, or resolve delivery delays. We CAN try and get you updated info, however. We are NOT connected to the retail side of ModelSpace, FanHome, or DeAgostini Partworks.

The forum team is comprised of;

Forum Admin: delboy271155 (Derek)

USA & UK Forum Leaders: Gandale, MarkWarren, Delboy271155, RoyMattBlack, DarbyVet, Silent_Running

German Forum Leaders: Andreas, Wabie

Future forum leaders will be solicited from the membership on a merit basis, and as the need arises.

The ModelSpace Team around the globe is supportive, considerate and enjoys helping our customers. Our team is always available, reliable and has excellent technical expertise.
We want the best for our customers and we truly listen to you and your recommendations to make your build easier. We develop strong expert advice with images, videos and PDFs you can download to help your build.

Thanks for your continued support and for making ModelSpace the success that it is!

The Admin Team
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 09 October 2021 09:07:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi, I am Mark

I have been a support team member for several years now and have got to know many of you through this wonderful hobby we all share.

I started model making in my very early years, around 7 years old. These were mainly Airfix kits, planes, cars, ships anything that took my fancy. Most of them were unpainted and the few that were, I did with a brush straight out the tin. I remember building a bi-plane and used balsa wood glue to build it with, as that was all I could find at the time. Very proud at what I had built, I stood it on my chest of drawers in my bedroom, only to find it was all in pieces the next morning. Still, I got to build it again.

Later years I did water colour paintings, some of which I exhibited in various art galleries. I also played in a band and was lead vocalist and guitarist in a band called C-Drive, no we weren’t famous. Outside of the band, I did get to play with various other artists from time to time, the likes of Tommy Bruce, Heinz Burt, and Ricky Valance.

My modelling hobby took hold again once my two boys were at an age where they did there own thing. I like to build models that look real to the eye, and to me it was all about detail. My expertise, if that is what you want to call it, is weathering. This is very time consuming as you have to put down various layers to achieve the desired effect, less is more with this technique. I also scratch build a lot into any models I build, and more recently started in the world of 3D printing.

As most of you know, I also add electronics to a lot of my builds, and I do like to push the boundaries in what I do when building any model. The electronics have grown with me along the way, and although I am no expert, I have started programming boards to give the effects I need.

I am more that happy to show my skills to anyone wishing to start this hobby, and I enjoy the support of all the members here on this forum.

Anyway, that is me in a nutshell, happy modelling.

MarkBigGrin

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 09 October 2021 17:45:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

I`m Derek. (delboy271155)

My modelling started about 60 years ago. My mother worked in a factory where they painted lead soldiers by hand (now strictly taboo) and I started by building the good old Airfix kits that depicted historical figures. If my memory serves me well they had approx 12 - 14 parts and a weird little tube of glue. So I stuck the parts together, along with my skin, the paper protecting the table and anything else that came in contact. Mum then laid down the outlines of the paint colours and left me to fill in the spaces, err less said about that the better.Crying

Things improved as I got older and moved onto cars etc, but wheels didn`t turn (too much glue again).Blink

From them my life moved to a more engineering style with electronics at the forefront.

Now, I like to tinker with all sorts of materials, wood, plastic, resin, brass etc and I`ve started dabbling with 3D printing.

My engineering background allows me to help other builders to overcome all sorts of building issues and I`m willing to help out at any time when needed.

That`s me, I`ve been working with the FST for some years now and hope to continue for the foreseeable future.

Lets keep modelling alive.

Regards
Derek
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#4 Posted : 12 October 2021 13:23:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Guys

I first joined the forum way back near its creation, becoming a member of the FST around July 2014. At that time, I needed something to occupy my evenings as my wife’s severe disabilities resulted in the need for me to become her full-time carer. Being a full-time carer also gave me ample time to devote to this beautiful hobby, so I have taken that as a positive.

My modelling preference was in period ships with most of my time being taken up with Official Builds and the creation of Video Builds. My passion is still with ships and although I can no longer indulge in building these beauties, I am still around, willing to assist other ship builders when the need arises. If assistance is required, then simply ask, if I or any of the team can help then we will.

Due to my working background in the creation, maintenance, and management of databases, I took on the role of working behind the scenes in looking after the inner workings of the forum, a roll I have found both challenging and rewarding due to the creaking nature of this old beast. Keeping the forum running smoothly has certainly been taxing if not infuriating at times.

What the future holds nobody knows but, for now I’ll keep doing as much as I can for the forum and its members and see where it takes us as we all move forward.

Enjoy your modelling and your time with the forum.

Best regards

Alan
darbyvet
#5 Posted : 13 October 2021 04:00:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Hi everyone,
I enjoyed model building as a kid-mainly Airfix kits.My local sweet shop had a nice selection of kits and I would save up and buy them when I could.
I restarted building after a visit to Mytstic Seaport in Connecticut.I bought a wooden ship model kit in the gift shop and got hooked on wooden ship kits.I built a few of those and then branched out into plastic kits and eventually resin Sci Fi spaceships.I also started dabbling in 3d pritning after building the 3d printer that model space used to offer and more recently I have dabbled in lighting and sound effects for models and programming microcontrollers.

I like building sci fi models and adding my own 3d printed details and light and sound effects.

Carl

roymattblack
#6 Posted : 13 October 2021 10:03:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Hello there.
My name is Roy – Roymattblack on the forum.

I’ve been building model cars for over 55 years and now I completely scratch-make 1/8 scale classic sports cars.
My work is owned by many well-known racing drivers and owners of incredibly expensive originals.
Fiskens classic cars in Kensington, London have 5 of my models in their showroom.

I resin cast many original parts and have supplied many upgrade components and decals to members of the forum building the DeAgostini car models.
Several ‘custom’ builds of these models are on the forum, made by me.
I have demonstrated how to leather trim model car interiors, how to add carpets and many other upgrades.

Many years ago I was the sign writer for the JPS Formula 1 powerboat team.
Both transatlantic yacht race winners – Fleury Michon IV and Le Jaby Rasurel were sign written by me.

I also did all of the gilding work on the throne for the Sultan of Bruneii.
Now, I confine myself to building large scale model cars and helping others with their work.

Among my other interests – I’ve written two novels. Both published, one is now a movie in the US.
I’m currently working my way through a third.

I’ve been a guitarist and vocalist in umpteen bands over the past 50+ years and I’m still gigging.

A current interest is making a completely hand drawn and painted aminated cartoon short.
Not enough hours in the day…