Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Aerod Options
Aerod
#1 Posted : 14 October 2021 10:04:36

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

A while ago I posted that I had made a complete 'Horlicks' of my Bounty Lifeboat, much to the amusement of 'Tenderfoot'. Replacement boards were not available at the time so I decided to 3D print a replacement. The attached photo shows the result installed on the deck of Bounty
Aerod attached the following image(s):
boat.JPG
tenderfoot
#2 Posted : 15 October 2021 15:29:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Registered

I actually used the phrase "a complete Horlicks" with some co-workers as I absolutely love how it rolls off the tongue. Granted, they had never heard it before either but it is definitely part of my regular vocabulary now.

As for the launch, that turned out fantastic! I absolutely enjoy the results of your creative solution and would never have known is was printed if you hadn't stated such. For the cap rail, is that printed as well or did you use wood for it (the wood grain looks so real)? Is the entire launch 3D printed or did you only prints bits and pieces? I have not personally leveraged 3D printing to date, but these results are wonderful and now I find myself wanting to experiment with it.

Excellent work and thank you for sharing.
COMPLETED:
• HMS Victory (DeAgostini Subscription) - if you haven't got it, get it...what a beautiful build. This was my first attempt at this stuff and what a great experience. The instructions were spot on for those new to the hobby.
• HMS Bounty Admiralty (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN PROGRESS:
• USS Constitution (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN NEED OF MY LOVE AND ATTENTION:
• HMS Sovereign of the Seas (DeAgostini Subscription) - promise myself I will get to this after I finish the USS Constitution and the HMS Bounty. Need to maintain balance in my marriage.