Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Porsche 917 KH Le Mans Steve Mcqueen Modified Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 29 October 2021 08:35:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi everyone,
yes, I haven't been present for a long time, but that has mainly to do with my work. In the project I am currently working on, I hardly had any leeway for my hobby. Every now and then I could post something on social media, that was all. At the moment there are still some problems with accessing the DE forum, but I hope I can get there soon like everyone else. I have a number of projects on the side, and would like to introduce you to one that is extremely exciting and that will later go very well with my Ford GT 40. It's about Steve Mcqueen's Porsche 917 KH Le Mans. A very nice car, also in terms of the quality and accuracy of fit of the components. The first 6 deliveries are all just components for the 12 cylinder engine. Parallel to the construction, my 3D printer is also running, where I print ramps and pallets for the motor. Now it has turned out for me that I want to modify all static components. Among other things, the alternators, the fan, etc. Both alternators and the fan are now electrically powered. I have attached a Youtube link where I can see the function of the components. Delivery 7 comes with the complete tubular chassis frame, and it really comes complete from front to back. The good thing about the supplied building instructions is that 4 building phases are always summarized in one booklet. So each delivery has only one booklet. I think it's very good, saves a lot of space. I hope that I have a little more time in the future, because my Bugatti, Iron Man, GT40, Dodge Charger, T-800 etc, etc are still waiting

Modified Engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svPYFEZ5DN4

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 29 October 2021 10:09:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very clever idea, the engine looks superb. Love the video of it working.Love Love

Mark