Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Joe Bergman Pack's 17-18 WARNING AHEAD - READ MY RED COMMENTS!!!!!!!!! Options
bojazz
#1 Posted : 30 October 2021 03:56:09

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Good day to all.

Welcome to Pack 17

THIS IS A MAJOR WARNING!!!!!!! I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST TAKING THE WHEELS OFF (DUE TO THE WEIGHT) BEFORE ASSEMBLY OF THIS PACK. IF NOT YOU COULD PUT SAMUEL JACKSON TO SHAME WITH THE WORDS YOU WILL RECITE.

With all excitement and what the final outcome was going to be of packs 17 and 18, I forgot to do a step by step tutorial.

Let us see if we can salvage this...........

As I stated in pack 17 Remove the wheels off the brake hubs. It will be easier to work on and less chance of damaging parts. Install the wheels after you install The Engine Mounts in Stage 75.

While doing pack 17, I added my various shades of Tamiya Brown and Black panel liner. It was an easy build and I showed you the spoiler for Pack 18.

Welcome to pack 18. This will start making the model a work of art, also it begins to incorporate some early stages that were sitting in a storage box.

Stage 76 was an easy build. I will decide on the weather later on when the engine is mounted.

Stage 77 I added some Tamiya Dark Brown Panel Liner to the Engine block. I made sure the recesses were treated. Install the brake line and started Stage 78.

Stage 78 was an easy build. I will decide on the weather later on when the engine is mounted.

Stage 79 required a little over-thinking. With all the work I put into paint the belts and pulleys, may be hidden on the firewall. I know it was done. I painted the pulleys in a semi-gloss black and painted the mounting bolt heads silver The alternator was painted in a brown metallic, and the belt was painted flat black. Will you see this work? I don't know, But I did it anyway. When the pint dried I used Tamiya Black Panel Liner for the recesses to give it more depth.

Stage 80 I added some Tamiya Dark Brown Panel Liner to the Engine block. I made sure the recesses were treated. Install the brake line as shown.
Now in Step 5 of stage 80, It is time to add the Carburetors from PACK 1. Install as shown and see what we have accomplished.

It is heavy, but well worth the wait!!!! SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!!!
bojazz attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg