Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

News to me.... Options
goddo
#1 Posted : 10 November 2021 12:24:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

I just received an email saying that Model Space website is no longer available and everything now under a common American De Agostini umbrella.
I had a look and the choice is staggeringly limited.
American cars and a few action men only plus just a few of the static wooden ships that are still around.
It was a big shock to suddenly be faced with this.
Has anybody else known this was imminent and I'm the one with my head in the sand?
Chris
andali15
#2 Posted : 10 November 2021 12:54:54

Yes, got the same email. Where have all the kits gone ? Hope they expand their stocks. Andy
Exile31
#3 Posted : 10 November 2021 13:20:38

Not to mention those of us still waiting to hear when we might actually see the re-commencement of our long awaited monthly deliveries! (GT40 in my case - no deliveries since last July.) I’m beginning to believe that’s now never going to happen.

This sudden loss of Model Space would seem to be another nail in that coffin!

"If you can smile when things go wrong - you have someone in mind to blame."
Eagle
#4 Posted : 10 November 2021 13:50:48

Red Medal: Red Medal

That's BreakingNews to me; I had a few defective parts on my Gt40 build, Modelspace shipped the parts from England! Where would any future defective parts be shipped from then?
admin
#5 Posted : 10 November 2021 17:44:25

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Eagle wrote:
That's BreakingNews to me; I had a few defective parts on my Gt40 build, Modelspace shipped the parts from England! Where would any future defective parts be shipped from then?

For the time being, parts will continue to ship from the UK.
admin
#6 Posted : 10 November 2021 17:48:55

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,

The move to the new retail platform has started. Most product is being moved to either FanHome, or DeAgostini.com. ModelSpace will continue on, albeit with the above mentioned limited product line. DeAgostini is ABSOLUTELY committed to fulfilling ALL existent subscriptions. The new partnership with Planeta is already yielding results, as evidenced by R2 packs going out, and other, long OOS packs as well.

For those of you with delivery issues, please shoot me a PM. A lot of it is due to the global shipping issues, compounded by the already existing stocking issues. I probably will not be able to produce parts, but I can get you up to date info.

I know this seems to be the standard, somewhat evasive answer but with the caveat that I can’t talk about certain things, I CAN say that things will be improving in the near and mid term future. It’s been a trying period for all of us!

Best,

Mark
bfam4t6
#7 Posted : 11 November 2021 16:40:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I suspect the answer is being kept under wraps, but any chance of a glimpse into future offerings?
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

Gibbo
#8 Posted : 11 November 2021 17:24:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Are they still making the HMS Victory kits ?
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Woobag
#9 Posted : 12 November 2021 00:24:26

Lies, lies, lies. Every time I ring customer services to see when I can expect a recommencement of GT40 packs, I am told I will get an email in a day or two as the new payment system is now up and running. Lies. It never happens. I have spent £750 on a model that will just go in the bin. Thanks DeAgostini.
goddo
#10 Posted : 12 November 2021 14:04:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

[size=7]Following on with this subject and the sudden disappearance of MS, I have a query that may have effect on other members.
Some time ago, I purchased a complete kit of Santisima Trinidad complete with cross section build and was eagerly looking forward to the starting this using the official build guides that were listed for this kit. This ship and the access facility are no longer available and while I realise that there are two build guides still accessible through this forum, I would have liked to have the opportunity to print off the pdf formats as a reference.
Let’s just hope that DA realise that some people are still building kits that are Sold out/No longer available etc. And don’t remove all of this info.[size=7]
suey
#11 Posted : 12 November 2021 14:44:15

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Goddo. Like you, I purchased the complete set of ST (back in August 2019 I think) Took me 3 weeks (with gleeful assistance of a cat) to sort through what came. Bad/lack of labelling did not help. I eventually determine that I was missing parts from 6 issue/stages. Of course I reported to CS - oh we'll get them sent to you within a couple of weeks .... Still waiting and a few phone calls later (and patient waiting - well its covid you know). Admin got involved a couple of months ago.

So if you haven't done so already, I'd suggest you go through your inventory.

More pertinent to your post, I took the precaution of downloading all the pdf files. You are welcome to a copy, if you could PM me your email address.

Sue
delboy271155
#12 Posted : 12 November 2021 14:55:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

goddo wrote:
[size=7]Following on with this subject and the sudden disappearance of MS, I have a query that may have effect on other members.
Some time ago, I purchased a complete kit of Santisima Trinidad complete with cross section build and was eagerly looking forward to the starting this using the official build guides that were listed for this kit. This ship and the access facility are no longer available and while I realise that there are two build guides still accessible through this forum, I would have liked to have the opportunity to print off the pdf formats as a reference.
Let’s just hope that DA realise that some people are still building kits that are Sold out/No longer available etc. And don’t remove all of this info.[size=7]

Hi Goddo

The pdf`s are available for download.

Click on ships at the top of the forum page and near the top of the new page you will see "Access my assembly guides". Click on that and scroll down to the Santasima Trinidad, click the expansion down arrow and all that you need is there.

Hope this helps.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

goddo
#13 Posted : 12 November 2021 17:35:15

[size=7]Thank you Derek,
That is valuable information that I am sure other modellers will also find helpful.
Hopefully this change of sites will all become clearer to everyone.
Chris.[size=7]
goddo
#14 Posted : 12 November 2021 17:41:29

suey wrote:
Hi Goddo. Like you, I purchased the complete set of ST (back in August 2019 I think) Took me 3 weeks (with gleeful assistance of a cat) to sort through what came. Bad/lack of labelling did not help. I eventually determine that I was missing parts from 6 issue/stages. Of course I reported to CS - oh we'll get them sent to you within a couple of weeks .... Still waiting and a few phone calls later (and patient waiting - well its covid you know). Admin got involved a couple of months ago.

So if you haven't done so already, I'd suggest you go through your inventory.

More pertinent to your post, I took the precaution of downloading all the pdf files. You are welcome to a copy, if you could PM me your email address.

Sue

Hi Sue,
thank you for the kind offer but Derek has now kindly shown the method required to access the PDF’s.
I will only download the ones that will require a bit of reference. Save the planet and all that 😀😀.
Chris
goddo
#15 Posted : 14 November 2021 17:03:50

Just been "exploring" the extremely spartan DA website.
I don't personally need these but the guide sheets are not available for the full HMS Victory build.
They ARE there for the cross section build though.
Bit odd. Perhaps I have missed something again BigGrin BigGrin
Chris
z8000783
#16 Posted : 14 November 2021 17:12:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

I have the complete set of Victory Instructions if anyone needs then. Let me know.

GilShapley
#17 Posted : 15 November 2021 09:05:45

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have the Mast Plans in PDF should you need them PM me

Gil
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle