leedsfromsouth
#201 Posted : 29 August 2016 18:35:20

Groups: Registered

Great work ,well done,
Tigershark
#202 Posted : 01 September 2016 11:43:40

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking good there Paul, especially after seeing how it first arrived, cant wait to see more, I'm half tempted to get stuck back into my victory again! patience is the key to success.

Cheers Tony

Current Build

HMS Victory, HMS Victory Cross Section

Gibbo
#203 Posted : 03 September 2016 23:20:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks for all the great feedback guys very much appreciated, finally finished the lining of the gunports for this stage, a little more sanding here and there and then spend some time thinking about the galleries while i'm on holiday, along with the first two pics showing the gunports at this stage, i have added some then and now pics for comparison showing how it first arrived to me.
Gibbo attached the following image(s):
74.JPG
75.JPG
9.JPG
9a.JPG
11.JPG
11a.JPG
15.JPG
15a.JPG
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Gandale
#204 Posted : 03 September 2016 23:24:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

A remarkable transformation from a complete bucket of bolts to a work of art.... An excellent piece of work to date.... Very well done and keep those pics coming....

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#205 Posted : 04 September 2016 01:36:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It's amazing how much difference some sanding can make, the difference between the pre and post sanding is like night and night.

A fantastic finished result!
birdaj2
#206 Posted : 04 September 2016 09:09:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well i must say for your £80 you got a great buy.

As you say not in excellant shape when you received it but your re-working on the planking has certainly paid off very well.

I can see you are going to have a great modelnwhen its all finished off.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
pemberg
#207 Posted : 04 September 2016 09:24:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great job. A massive improvement over the 'as received' condition. You've done her proud.
Graeme
Martyn Ingram
#208 Posted : 04 September 2016 09:44:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nicely done Gibbo stunning work

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
stevie_o
#209 Posted : 04 September 2016 10:42:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Garth
#210 Posted : 05 September 2016 06:10:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Paul,
Excellent work on the repair job - well done.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Spal
#211 Posted : 05 September 2016 13:36:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Some great repair work on the planking, she's looking good.

Al
Gibbo
#212 Posted : 26 May 2019 20:49:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Blimey, haven't been on here for a while looking at people's builds and came across mine, and suddenly realised it's been two and a half years since i did anything on this, the real ship didn't take this long.
gingerale75
#213 Posted : 26 May 2019 21:53:09

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great work Gibbo, keep going!
Happy building!
Laszlo

Finished builds: HMS Victory, HMS Victory Cross-Section
Gibbo
#214 Posted : 20 November 2021 13:39:45

It is with a heavy heart that i am having to abandon this project, i have just missed out on buying all the issues i needed on a very well known auction site to finish this project, so if anybody wants take it on your very welcome to purchase it for the price i paid for the first 80 issues + P+P, however, on the bright side this will give more time to get cracking on my Del Prado re-fit and get started on my SOTS build.
tom.ganc
#215 Posted : 20 November 2021 15:46:37

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Ohhh sorry to hear that Crying

I’m sure someone will catch up and get her finished.
All the best with your other builds.

Regards
Tom
Gibbo
#216 Posted : 21 November 2021 03:56:19

If someone has got the time, the patience, the materials, the knowledge and the know how to scratch build the last 40 issues, it will happen, ( Calling Plymouth 57 ), if you want it mate it's yours, i'll pay for the postage, no disrespect to anybody else here, your builds are fantastic and inspirational, but i've met Robin on a few occasions and i've seen first hand what this man can do, my Imp has never been so Pressed ?.
Plymouth57
#217 Posted : 22 November 2021 00:15:57

Oh Paul, so sorry to hear that, is there nowhere else you can find the bits? If not I would be really honoured to accept your wonderful offer I got your message but went to the wrong Victory diary!Blushing
I'm still getting to grips with the new(ish) computer, I tried to reply earlier but after logging in and typing out the reply the thing wouldn't return to this page! Might have to try a direct router cable instead!
If you are hoping to come down this way next year I can certainly wait and save you the postage but either way I promise she will get there in the end, some day/month/year or millennium!BigGrin
I must try and get my DelPrado going again as well, I just keep getting all these detours!Blink

Many thanks again Paul!

Best Wishes

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Gibbo
#218 Posted : 22 November 2021 02:56:09

My pleasure Robin, i know it's going to a good home and you'll do a stellar job on it.
Best regards
Paul