Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Issue 64 - dome fitting problem Options
Macu_PL
#1 Posted : 23 August 2021 11:36:26

Groups: Registered

Hi All,
In Poland we just get Issue 63-64-65-66.
I notice problem with fitting dome, steel cover is not linear with holes for electronic.
Is not possible to assemble all parts together.
Someone have this same issue? Do You have idea how to solve this problem?
Regards
Macu_PL
admin
#2 Posted : 25 August 2021 03:38:24

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I suspect you have a frame segment or two out of place. I’ve not seen this problem before! I vaguely recall having to go back and disassemble the done framework on my build, as I’d installed the 2nd “ring” of frame parts incorrectly.

Best,

Mark

(Mark or Carl might have better input though)
S4Simon
#3 Posted : 25 August 2021 06:00:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I was trying to understand what was amiss here, but I can't see anything. As Mark said, it's probably just a misalignment of one of the frame pieces.

My old pics don't really show much, but they may be of some help in referencing where everything should be.

In the top pic if you zoom up, everything lines up fine.

[
BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
Macu_PL
#4 Posted : 25 August 2021 07:05:34

I will do that. This can be an option. I will let You know. Thanks
Macu_PL
#5 Posted : 26 August 2021 11:21:56

After 8h of reassembly no result, but I think I found prove that problem is with external shell.
Red arrow my build, green arrow screen from official building video, last one is dome alignment in axis of holes according Simon photo and we can see the problem is on upper fitting holes.
Is difficult to measure but is between 7- and 10-degrees twist from main axis.
Now I’m wonder if I need to claim this to DeAgostini or try to fix it by making modification?
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 26 August 2021 13:08:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

I think the best option is to call customer sevices in your area and ask for a replacement dome. Trying to make modification will only result in other issues later in the build.

Regards
Mark
Macu_PL
#7 Posted : 16 September 2021 07:57:20

Hi all,
I finally get new dome and fit perfectly. All cutouts are in line and electronic fits. And now starts funny part. To rebuild I need set of double tape. The customer service in Poland says they can't just send me tapes as they don't have such kits, they can send the whole number, but they can't send me 10 issues because it's against the policy.

Do you know what thickness is the tape used by DeAgostini to build R2D2?
3M has several types in its assortment, I would like to buy the right one and cut the elements by myself, because it seems that the discussion may drag on for months, and in Poland the customer is always in a losing position :(

Regards
AndrzejS
#8 Posted : 25 November 2021 12:18:41

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Macu_PL:
Siemka, Mi też nie pasuje. Jak zgłaszałeś ten problem. Pisałem na adres dostawcy
( r2d2 primaneo) i zgłaszałem przez stronę. Jak na razie brak odzewu. Confused

Co do grubości taśmy dwustronnej - to mają taką w Juli.