Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hello from Arizona Options
Jim P.
#1 Posted : 06 December 2021 19:01:32

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and sort of renewed to modeling. I'm just starting to get back into military model and diorama building again after 30+ years. I discovered this forum while looking for a place to donate some of the dioramas I built many decades ago. I've sent out feelers to several museums in Arizona, but was wondering if there may be other places I should offer them to. Thanks in advance for any advice, and thanks for such a great forum...Jim
Stupot
#2 Posted : 06 December 2021 19:13:25

Hi Jim, Welcome to the forum. The people on this site are friendly, really helpful & very knowledgeable. Always good to have more members. Stu.
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 06 December 2021 21:42:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Hi Jim,
welcome to the forum.have you tried local libraries or hobby shops? they sometimes will take dioramas.Or maybe the local schools?

Carl

tenderfoot
#4 Posted : 07 December 2021 04:04:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Registered

Welcome Jim...exciting to have you aboard. Hope you find this forum and the wonderful community behind helpful and enjoyable. Also good to hear you are back at it. Hope you find enjoyment in your modeling adventures!
COMPLETED:
• HMS Victory (DeAgostini Subscription) - if you haven't got it, get it...what a beautiful build. This was my first attempt at this stuff and what a great experience. The instructions were spot on for those new to the hobby.
• HMS Bounty Admiralty (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN PROGRESS:
• USS Constitution (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN NEED OF MY LOVE AND ATTENTION:
• HMS Sovereign of the Seas (DeAgostini Subscription) - promise myself I will get to this after I finish the USS Constitution and the HMS Bounty. Need to maintain balance in my marriage.
admin
#5 Posted : 07 December 2021 06:40:42

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Jim!

Welcome in! You don’t say what area in AZ your from, but I’d check with the local VFW.

I hope you stick around!

Best,

Mark
Gandale
#6 Posted : 07 December 2021 15:55:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome aboard Jim, great to have you with us.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 08 December 2021 10:09:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum Jim. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. BigGrin

Mark
Jim P.
#8 Posted : 09 December 2021 01:57:29

Thank you all for the warm welcome and some good ideas.
I'm in the process of relocating from the Phoenix valley to the Cottonwood area, downsizing to some degree. Thanks again...Jim
Gibbo
#9 Posted : 09 December 2021 02:10:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

H Jim
welcome.
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.