Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Articulated C3PO nearly fullsize with electronics Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 21 December 2021 17:10:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Time to try something new. Here I would like to go into more depth again. It's about a diorama with an articulated C3PO. I would like to provide this fellow with sound and light completely through Arduino. I will accommodate the entire control system in the base that is currently being printed. With the printing of the Body parts I started in the order Base, then legs and then go further to the top. In total, the C3PO consists of 63 individual parts.Several joints to make him "moveable". In the end, he will have a stately size of 100cm. I scaled C3PO a little bit, cable ducts were inserted, so that I can better run the lines later. With the scaling, C3PO now nearly fits to my R2D2. There is still a long way to go, the base needs about 20 hours, the two legs took me 18 hours. And we don't need to talk about the rest. So far some ornaments have been printed,like the back panel lower, both legs, both upper arms and upper/down hip joints. Both hands are currently in "work" by been printing.All the invisible components are going to be printed in black to save gold filament.The upper body is gonna be my Job tomorrow,and which would take about 21 hours until it is finished.Following up then would be Shoulders, Head ,eyes etc,etc. Adjusted just a few Pics to show up what it currently looks like

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
mwb
#2 Posted : 21 December 2021 22:49:23

Groups: Registered

ThumpUp You are awesome! Andreas!!ThumpUp
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 22 December 2021 09:16:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Wow, that is some printing going on there. Can’t wait to see what it looks like when finished. Great stuff Andreas.Love Love
Andreas
#4 Posted : 22 December 2021 12:54:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi Mark,
yes a lot of gold!BigGrin But I have printed out some details in copper. Especially the rivets for the joints on the arms and legs. The Big Black Joints for the head and hips won't be visible, so I took black. Forearms and upper arms are finished and connected with the hands. Everything is movable, hands can be turned in any direction, as can the upper and lower arm. I cleared the cable ducts for the electrical lines. The first lines are laid through the first leg. Now I have to wait until the hips / knees have finished printing. This is currently being printed since 11 a.m. this morning and should be ready tomorrow morning at 11 a.m. Then it goes to the upper body. These are the parts that I need the most for the electronics. Head with eyes come later, and shouldn't hinder me any further for now.

This is the Hip and Knees Part Print Job takes 21 Hours. Gonna be done tomorrow Morning at about 11:00 am.

Forum Support Team
admin
#5 Posted : 23 December 2021 07:22:13

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Andreas, that is pretty dang cool!

There is a guy on one of the FB Star Wars printing groups who is as scrawny as Anthony Daniel’s, who is printing the full suit.

I couldn’t get a FDM printer to run, even to to save my life.

Stay well,

Mark
Andreas
#6 Posted : 23 December 2021 17:19:25

Hi Mark, why don't you get a printer going, it's not rocket science. I'm sure Diana can.BigGrin

Yes to the groups, I am also in some of them on the way. At the moment I am filled with printing orders. Requests from all different groups. I'm upgrading now too. Printers are no longer sufficient. I'll get two more in January. Today my 3D scanner was delivered with an electric turntable. Should do some of my work for me. It takes time when an STL file is created. With the C3PO I also had to change something so that the cable ducts come in without endangering the stability. My 21 hour print is also finished, currently I am printing the front and back of the upper body. These don't take that long. In any case, the scale fits to the R2D2.

But now it's Christmas first, and I wish you, Diana and the whole family a Merry Christmas and stay healthy

best Andreas

Forum Support Team