Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Has logon to main (now) DeAgostini site changed? Options
suey
#1 Posted : 12 December 2021 20:37:15

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Wanting to go check my account, navigated to logon page and try logon. Get message in red "An error occurred processing your login. Please try again".
Several attempts, same result each time.
If I had typed the password in wrong, I think I would expect a different message.

And ok look, tried the forgotten password route - "An error occurred with your request. Please try again".

So query, is this yet another twist to the story. Have our accounts been transferred from Model Space to DeAgostini?

I shall try ringing CS tomorrow to see if they still know of my existence!!Crying

Sue
goddo
#2 Posted : 13 December 2021 18:22:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Suey,
I haven't noticed any problems for a while now.
I logged out and logged in again without any issues so it sounds like the problem is with your account rather than the forum. Hope you get it sorted soon. But thinking about it, you can't see this message 'til the issue IS sorted!!
Goddo
suey
#3 Posted : 13 December 2021 21:47:59

Thanks Goddo.
The forum is NOT the problem. As you can see I am still able to log on and post etc.

My problem is with the actual Model Space/DeAgostini site. It has been some time since I last logged in, when it was still Model Space. Probably last time I rang CS to chase up my orders - which was when I was told that Germany had 'lost' payment details. So I reinput said details and sat back to await developments. None. Nothing Nada. Hence this attempt (weeks and weeks later) to see what the status of my account is. Intended to ring CS today but didn't get around to it, try tomorrow.

Would be nice to get the missing parts for Sovereign of the Seas (order was complete set) and ongoing issues of Bounty - I've lost track of what the last one I received was. I know Covid and all that but I've been twiddling my thumbs for far too long.

Sue
goddo
#4 Posted : 19 December 2021 10:27:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Apologies Suey,
I meant "Site" but I typed "Forum". (I did understand what you meant, just my bad typing).
Have you managed to resolve the problem?
Chris
suey
#5 Posted : 19 December 2021 18:42:54

Not having gotten around to phoning CS yet .... eeerrr no! See what I can do this coming week.

Thanks for your interest

Sue
admin
#6 Posted : 19 December 2021 18:54:33

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I’ve pinged the lead IT person in Italy about this issue. I’ll let you know what I hear back, when I do.

Mark
admin
#7 Posted : 23 December 2021 17:27:07

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All

I’ve heard back, and I know it’s NOT going to be what you wanted to hear. (For those of you who have enjoyed having a page to log into to view their accounts)

This was the reply I received. (In part. There were other things discussed that weren’t pertinent to this thread)

“ Hi Mark,

I can just confirm that Model Space UK and DE customers don't have access to their personal accounts any longer, as Model Space website has been shut down.
Their personal areas have not been transferred, so if they try to do the login on DeAgostini website, they won't be able to do so.
If they need any information regarding their orders, they just have to contact the CS. However, from what I understood, there was not much information on the personal account.”

Mark
suey
#8 Posted : 23 December 2021 19:32:24

Thanks Mark.

hhhmmmppff So they remove access to our accounts, which had a list of what you had ordered, the date you first ordered it, price etc and never bothered to tell anyone? Nice.

I tried ringing CS today. At 3:30 min into call the musak cut out altogether. Leaving silence. I gave up at 10 minutes. So OK Xmas is probably not the best time to try contact (I've never had any success previously with email) but telling us to contact CS - not much use if help desk is not sufficiently (wo)manned to reply. (And yes I know covid is heating up again).
And why is there a logon option on the DeAgostini home page - if you cannot logon ????

Not exactly welcoming especially when you want to find out what has happened to long awaited parts. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow, Xmas Eve but I admit with little hope. Else try after Xmas or New Year.

Wishing everyone a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Sue
suey
#9 Posted : 24 December 2021 17:06:39

So I rang CS a little after mid-day. answered after 4th-5th ring - amazing!.

Not sure if I have the story straight but here goes. Payment system crashed around
August(?). Months trying and failing to repair. A few bits & pieces I've forgotten. Break for Christmas.
Then expect mid January for things to start picking up. As in maybe subcriptions may pick up again (I won't hold my breath) and possibly the missing parts of my Santisima Trinidad (full subscription back in 2019) might be found ....

To everyone awaiting deliveries - good luck and hope DeAgostini eventually gets their act together.
Sue
admin
#10 Posted : 25 December 2021 03:14:18

Sue, shoot me a PM with what you are missing.

Merry Christmas,

Mark