Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

R2 dont initiate Options
csabamueller
#1 Posted : 28 December 2021 17:52:16

Groups: Registered

Guys, I need some help what can I check.
I finished my build, charged my batteries and assembled everything.
I press the main switch, nothing happens, this seems to be normal.
I short press button 6 on front, nothing happens, R2 don't start initiation procedure.
As long as I press and hold button 6, front panel is red, back panel is dark. back LCD display is on.
If I release the button, all is off again.
I just checked, battery box delivers 12.51 V
Any suggestion?
Thanks!
skyfire
#2 Posted : 29 December 2021 08:59:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Have you done the battery initilization procedure ??

You have to plug R2D2 in to the charger for two seconds, then turn off the charger and unplug R2D2, then it will start up.

If you have done the above, then you will have to wait for others to come online. :)
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 29 December 2021 10:49:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Skyfire is absolutely right, have you carried out the initial startup procedure.

Here is a useful link to problem solving.

R2 Trouble Shooting Guide

Mark
S4Simon
#4 Posted : 29 December 2021 12:05:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The R2 unit has an internal power latch. The initialisation process causes this electrical latch to close (and stay closed until battery is depleted. Without doing this specific initialisation process the R2 unit will not turn on. I would disconnect battery pack for 30 seconds and then reconnect. Then carry out the initialisation process as per magazine instructions.
BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
csabamueller
#5 Posted : 29 December 2021 18:36:37

I followed the initial steps along a online build diary, as the last 10 issues I got in Spanish, not in english, which makes difficult for me to understand.
Is there a location for a digital copy of the issues?
Anyway, I'll check if the cabling is correct and try to do the initiation once more. I'll report the outcome here.
S4Simon
#6 Posted : 30 December 2021 00:30:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Here's a short video of my first turn on (initialisation) after completing R2.

R2 Intialisation
BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2