Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

"Jabba Tray" R2D2 as a servant (3D print) Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 24 March 2021 08:21:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi everybody,
I was looking long for this Tray.
You can buy this tray online, but for $ 699, never!. So I got the files and printed the tray myself for only 20 euros on Material. The tray fits 100% and is absolutely stable. The glasses , each with a Darth Vader logo, are my own design, and I think it fits wonderfully. I wine bottle is in progress. The glasses are held with power magnets. Thus R2D2 can serve the "Darth Vader" wine without any worries, without anything falling down :-)

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 24 March 2021 09:58:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Now there’s a party piece. Great idea Andreas.Love Love Drool

Mark
Coser
#3 Posted : 28 March 2021 16:22:48

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

These forums could really use a "Like" button, that's some great work.
Current Builds
Eaglemoss: Ecto-1, BTTF Delorean [Installing Mods]
Hachette: T800 Endoskeleton
Agora Models Shelby Cobra 427 [Plate 031]
BanDai 1:5000 Imperial Star Destroyer
AMT 1991 U.S.S. Enterprise Bridge [Installing Mods & Lights]

Finished Builds
Deagostini: R2-D2 [Never getting batteries]
Silent_Running
#4 Posted : 29 March 2021 13:26:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Coser wrote:
These forums could really use a "Like" button, that's some great work.

Ahhh! But then you would use the like button instead of writing a comment Wink BigGrin

Silent_Running
#5 Posted : 29 March 2021 13:33:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

This is fantastic work Andreas, a piece that will go really well with R2. Now you just need to print jabbas sail barge to go with it. Laugh

I want to get into 3D printing too; you can make your own parts or anything else for that matter. BigGrin
jasonschu
#6 Posted : 09 January 2022 22:46:28

Hi,
Do you have the STL files for this? I'd love to print this out.

Awesome work!
Gibbo
#7 Posted : 10 January 2022 03:20:57

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

That is very cool.
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Andreas
#8 Posted : 10 January 2022 07:23:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

jasonschu wrote:
Hi,
Do you have the STL files for this? I'd love to print this out.

Awesome work!

Hi Jason,
just check your emails.
I sent you a Wetransfer for download the files.Also see pdf description for mounting all the Parts.

best Andreas
Forum Support Team
jasonschu
#9 Posted : 10 January 2022 09:21:10

That's amazing!

Thanks so much for sending the files :)
admin
#10 Posted : 10 January 2022 17:19:53

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Looks great, Andreas!

Mark
CaptnBirdseye
#11 Posted : 13 January 2022 14:12:52

BigGrin Looks awesome! mind you, if you can get the little fella to pour the drinkd as well......
niels1998
#12 Posted : 09 April 2022 22:10:33

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Hi, Nice work! Can i also get the stl file please?
admin
#13 Posted : 10 April 2022 05:58:33

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Andreas!

This looks great! I knew someone was doing the CAD for it, but then lost track of it.

Have either you, or Stefan figured out a proportional steering upgrade for R2? The jerky motion would slop Vader wine all over.

Cool tray!

Mark
Andreas
#14 Posted : 10 April 2022 06:36:49

admin wrote:
Hi Andreas!

This looks great! I knew someone was doing the CAD for it, but then lost track of it.

Have either you, or Stefan figured out a proportional steering upgrade for R2? The jerky motion would slop Vader wine all over.

Cool tray!

Mark

Hi Mark,
yes we placed some flat power Magnets under the Botom off the bottle and glasses. On the tray surface some small round steel plates.Now R2D2 can jerk around he wantsBigGrin

@ niels1998 i have just prepared a wetransfer with the files for you on your private mail adress. Just check your private mails
Forum Support Team