Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

hachette partworks Mk 1a Spitfire Options
DobbaJones
#1 Posted : 11 January 2022 02:24:12

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Hi, my name is David and live in Bunbury, Western Australia.
I am up to issue 62 of the Spitfire Mk 1a Spitfire model build. I would be very interested in making contact with other people in Australia to chat about this amazing aeroplane. Also discussion on the dynamic display stand that the plane finally rests on. There seems to be confusion on hows a 'non subscriber' gets this stand.I get my issues from my local news agent.
I can be contacted on rosedave@wn.com.au
S4Simon
#2 Posted : 11 January 2022 02:50:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

David,

There was a bit of discussion in the early days about how the dynamic base was going to be delivered to Oz based newsagent subscribers. Originally it was going to be only 80 issues (no base), then 100 (base, but no figures), and now all 120 issues (dynamic base and figures) will be delivered to newsagent builders (as per the company that distributes the part build magazine within Oz.)

Gordon Gotch Parts Build Oz Deliveries

The best places to stay abreast of other peoples builds is on the facebook pages dedicated to the Spitfire build. I'm currently on two pages , and enjoying the build thus far. :-)

BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
admin
#3 Posted : 11 January 2022 08:53:21

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi David!

First, welcome in! This looks like a great build. I’ll look in on this one.

I moved your post into “Competitors builds” as it a bit more targeted than the General Chat. Have a look around. We’ve managed to get just about everything covered.

Are you hot enough? A friend in Adelaide just texted that it was 47°c there?!?

Best,

Mark
S4Simon
#4 Posted : 04 August 2022 12:54:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I’ve decided to give my Spitfire a weathering makeover. Enjoyable thus far. Just three more weeks till we get the final parts.

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 05 August 2022 11:40:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

S4Simon wrote:
I’ve decided to give my Spitfire a weathering makeover. Enjoyable thus far. Just three more weeks till we get the final parts.

Looks good, Cool Cool Cool
Can`t wait to see it completed and in the "Finished Build Gallery"

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

S4Simon
#6 Posted : 06 August 2022 06:10:31

Thanks. :-)

I believe weathering is the most enjoyable part of the model building process. There’s always new methods to try.

It’s the opportunity to turn a toy into a piece of art.

Silent_Running
#7 Posted : 06 August 2022 17:23:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

What a beautiful model. I’m sure you’ll have great fun with the weathering side of things. I noticed the panels are very detailed, do you plan to enhance them further or make them more subtle. Great work so far. 👍BigGrin
Regards
Glenn
S4Simon
#8 Posted : 09 August 2022 03:11:03

Glenn, That's as far as I'm going to go. Keeping it pretty simple. I'm building the Spitfire together with my dear ol' dad. His Uncle flew Spitfires during the war (pic below). So he's been really enjoying the build process. I also made a smaller bespoke base so it fits nicely in his little unit.

So all in all the Spitfire will have a rough and ready weathered look. Just good enough so that he can show his fellow friends living within his retirement community.

S4Simon
#9 Posted : 11 August 2022 12:05:06

I've had a few requests by fellow Spitfire builders asking how I completed my weathering. I Decided to make a tutorial video (a first for me) on weathering the remaining wing. I've tried to keep it real simple and cheap, so that anyone can have a go. It's well worth it - IMO.

Hachette Spitfire Weathering Tutorial

S4Simon
#10 Posted : 18 August 2022 06:21:02

Wing weathering completed and sealed. Just the fuselage to complete next week.

S4Simon
#11 Posted : 28 August 2022 10:36:24

All finished. Great model.. Great build.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]