Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages «<505152
1/48 scale U-Boat U230 [Part 3] Options
Markwarren
#1021 Posted : 15 February 2022 09:26:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Stunning build and build diary. It has been a pleasure watching this masterpiece come together.Love Love Love Love
Just stunning, and it should be in a museum.
It’s like watching your favourite series come to an end.
Well done.Cool

Mark
Sticky Wickett
#1022 Posted : 15 February 2022 20:21:29

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Markwarren wrote:
Stunning build and build diary. It has been a pleasure watching this masterpiece come together.Love Love Love Love
Just stunning, and it should be in a museum.
It’s like watching your favourite series come to an end.
Well done.Cool

Mark

Thank you so much Mark!Love BigGrin Cool Your comments and support have been fantastic, so thanks again for that. As i mentioned before, the next step is to make an oak plinth with brass name plates before i conduct a proper photo shoot. I'm off to a wood reclamation yard this weekend to see if there is anything suitable to use as a base for the plinth. I'm hoping to get that made in the next 2-3 weeks.

Regards,
Phil W.

Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
Kev the Modeller
#1023 Posted : 16 February 2022 22:20:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Phil.

This has been such an epic build that has gone on for soooo long that it almost seems unreal that you've finally reached the end, but what an end result!?

That really should be in a museum where I'm sure it would be centre stage and a prized exhibit. All I can say is that it's been an absolute pleasure following your build and your perseverance is admirable, very, very well done!

WOW!! Drool Drool Cool Cool ThumpUp ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
birdaj2
#1024 Posted : 15 May 2022 22:52:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Phil

I so much enjoyed watching your take on this partwork. What you put together was beyond outstanding.

Just amazed me that you were so versed in the workings of the real boat and were able to scale that down to to your model.

Like many partworks i have collected mine is in store with a very uncertain future. Chances are it will end up being scrapped like so many other kits i have been offloading.

Had these visions of “buy now so when you retire and money is short you will have plenty to keep you busy”.

Sadly retirement is closing in fast but health issues are a big concern at the moment.

Hoping you might have something else to treat us with asyour next project.

Best wishes to you

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
CaptnBirdseye
#1025 Posted : 17 May 2022 16:49:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Congratulations Phil, epic build in every sense ThumpUp
tigerace
#1026 Posted : 21 May 2022 11:54:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Phil I don`t think there is a big enough word to praise your build of this modelBigGrin i`ve enjoyed watching it over the year`s mate BigGrin and the quality is mind blowingBigGrin hope you post a diary of your next buildBigGrin

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!