Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Please don't use DPD for deliveries Options
Coser
#1 Posted : 27 March 2022 20:01:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I have just had the worst time getting my Agora Models base and coffee table book for my Cobra build.

Firstly, I will put my hand up and admit, I forgot to change my address with Agora when I moved. It has been a while since I got the last delivery and it slipped my mind.

I was reminded when I received a notification from DPD saying a package was on the way. I got this BEFORE Agora sent me the notification that the base and book were on the way, so initially, I had no idea what was coming - just that it was slated for delivery last Thursday, and I would get a notification the next day by 11AM as to when it would be delivered.

Unfortunately, I moved recently and am now around 4 hours travel away from my old address by car. So Thursday morning I set out. Got over half way and realised I had not heard any notification on my phone.

Stopped at the next motorway services and checked. By this time, I had received an email from Agora letting me know it was the base and book, and including a tracking number. When I checked the tracking number, DPD hadn't even PICKED IT UP YET! No chance of delivery on Thursday.

So I turned around and went home. Daily total is 4-5 hours of time wasted and £30 on fuel. Back at home, I tried to redirect the package to my new address. DPD say "Not possible. Change of county (equivalent to state in the US) has to be done by the sender." so I sent Agora an email asking if they could redirect.

When I got up Friday morning, I had an email from DPD. Delivery scheduled between 10:55 and 11:55, so I got straight in my car, drove up there. I managed to shave some time off the journey, but still got there at noon. Notification that delivery had been attempted but nobody was home. I wouldn't have minded if they'd left it as I would have been there shortly and could have taken it, but understood that they might have instructions to not deliver without someone taking ownership. The email stated that it would be left at a post office in the area and could be collected the next day.

I got back in the car and drove home again. Daily cost was 8 hours in the car, £60 in fuel.

When I got home, 4 hours later, and checked my email again, there was another message from DPD stating it was already at the post office. If I'd known it would have been there two hours after I got there, I'd have waited around and collected it on the Friday. Because I'd been told it wouldn't be there until the next day, I drove home.

So Saturday, I got in my car, drove up there, got my package once I showed the QR code in the email on my phone, and drove home with a box that looked like it had been kicked round the floor of the van - one corner bust open and a black mark that looked like it was shoe polish.

So in total, I 'paid' 3 days and £150 in fuel for a base and book I had already paid for.

Luckily the internal packaging was still intact and the base and book were in great condition. But at last I got a reply from Agora. Stating that I had to contact DPD to have the address changed - something DPD denied when I contacted them first and they said the sender had to make changes to the address.

Now whilst I am aware that none of this would have happened if I'd kept Agora up-to-date on my address, DPD have made the situation worse. If their information had been accurate, or they had allowed me to change the address, or Agora had done so when asked, I wouldn't have spent so much time and money chasing the package. All it would have taken would have been the first message saying they had the details, would be delivering the package between 11 and 12 the Friday, and I would have ensured I was there by 11 on the Friday.

And all this after I had notified my change of address on both my KITT and ECTO-1 builds, but the next packs went to the old one anyway. Makes me feel that the people working in customer service don't know how to serve someone. Which reminds me, I need to contact the Ecto-1 CS department. Some of the parts on that got damaged in the move and I need to order and pay for replacement stages.
Current Builds
Eaglemoss: Ecto-1, BTTF Delorean [Installing Mods]
Hachette: T800 Endoskeleton
Agora Models Shelby Cobra 427 [Plate 031]
BanDai 1:5000 Imperial Star Destroyer
AMT 1991 U.S.S. Enterprise Bridge [Installing Mods & Lights]

Finished Builds
Deagostini: R2-D2 [Never getting batteries]