Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

are some DeAgostini kits made for them by other manufacturers? Options
mattsanf
#1 Posted : 28 March 2022 18:28:36

Groups: Registered

Hi all,
I am looking to start another build, and noticing that very few of the kits are available at this time from DeAgostini...then I noticed that other manufactures seem to have "very similar" kits to the DeAgostini ones (ship kits from Artensia Lantina for one)...even the advertising and photography are similar sometimes.

Does anyone know if the kits are by various manufacturers and rebranded/packaged under DeAgostini or are they making their own or both?

Thanks,
Matt
admin
#2 Posted : 29 March 2022 06:36:09

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi,

As you can imagine, the molds for some of these kits are more than a little costly. Using Agora for an example, they have some great Hachette kits under their label now, stuff that’s been previously unavailable here in the States. It’s been a decade or better since Hachette debuted the Bismarck, which was made by Amati. Amati recently released the kit again, under their own label, but with improvements. I’ve no direct knowledge of the process, but what I’ve gleaned is that the licensing runs out of certain builds, and then the rights are sold off to a new publisher. So the kit comes out under a new vendor.

As an aside;

There are (were?) some very cool stuff available via DeAgostini Russia, but…. I got a ZIS-110 a while ago, and that big Russian biplane kit. Traded that to Mr. Hiro of MFH for a 1/12 kit. Also the 1/12 (or 1/18?) Sturmovic, from a cool eBay seller. Good guy, too. Liked to throw extras into the box. There was also a 1/8 Katyusha rocked launcher I’d been trying to track down. Some of those kits were going to be available here. C’est la vie.

Cheers,

Mark