Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Laying the false keel Options
CaptnBirdseye
#1 Posted : 11 April 2022 14:27:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I'm sure that there is a good reason for it, but why aren't the false keel pieces laid down first, before the bow pieces? All these parts come in Pack 1, so to my mind this would make it easier to get the false keel nice and straight?
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 11 April 2022 15:29:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Is it possible the instructions still reflect the original release of 1 magazine and set of parts per week? Because at that point you would have waited longer for all of the keel sections to arrive and they wanted to give people some build work to do with each issue.

Not sure but does a pack 1 now contain 10 build stages?

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 11 April 2022 16:43:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Tony,
Yes Pack 1 does contain the first 10 stages. Maybe what your saying is correct. Certainly makes sense ThumpUp
birdaj2
#4 Posted : 13 April 2022 19:03:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

i am still having “issues” since loosing my mum. Life throws some right spanners into the mix.

Still working but my company wants my job at the other end of the country so life just seems one worry after another.

I still gave my deagostini victory to build, only ever got to building the ribs and planking down to the gunports so would live to try and work on it to try and compkete.

Purchased so many kits and partworks for retirement only to be looking at them now with a view to throwing the lot in a skip.

Victory though is special to me as it was what launched this forum, my late mum was really interested in seeing the build (to the point i managed) and for me i think it was one of the best presented kits ever. Brilliant magazines, a nicely detailed model.

Hoping that one day i can get myself out of the deep rut i am in and start enjoying things again.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach