Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Joe Bergman Pack 20 (4 more to go) Options
bojazz
#1 Posted : 15 April 2022 17:39:08

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Pack 20........Now We are seeing some progress

Again and before we start this stage and skip to a single stage in Pack 21........... I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH TO LEAVE THE REAR WHEELS OFF THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION. IF YOU WORK WITH THE WHEELS ON, YOU WILL HAVE DAMAGED PARTS!!!!!!!!!

Let's get this build going. In Step 86 The radiator hoses go on pretty snug on the engine (tweezers will help). You will need to add a drop of CA glue to part 86A that goes in the rear cabin wall section.
Stage 87 was pretty simple, just follow the instructions. I use Tamiya Black and Brown Panel Liner in the recess of these components. There may be an issue with the screws for 87B. You may have to add a little CA glue to secure the screws to the bar section.

In Stage 88 mount the rear ducts as shown (these go in on way only). Take the hose section for part 86A an insert it onto the stem of the cooling system shown ( you will see why later).

Now the fun begins and you now understand that warming above. Navigate the engine assembly into the bode frame. There are 2 pipes that need to go in and then the engine will sit in the frame. Attach the rear panhard rods as shown (they snap in place). Remember all that painting and weathering I did on the pulleys and belts?????? You will never see them, but I know they are there. Attach all the screws as shown, and finish with mounting all the hoses as shown.

In Step 90 I used the Tamiya Black Panel Liner in these parts for the recesses (again these parts go in one way). Attach the hoses as shown.
Now you are stuck with parts 89C and the screws from pack 89. Hidden bonus spoiler and stage skip. Go open the manual for Pack 21 and go to step 91. You just finished all the house and parts from stage 89. That was a nice surprise!
See you on the full Pack 21 build. It is getting great!!!!!!!!
bojazz attached the following image(s):
Deago 1.jpg
Deago 2.jpg
Deago 3.jpg
Deago 4.jpg
Deago 5.jpg