Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
Real Robots circa 2001 Options
delboy271155
#41 Posted : 10 May 2022 10:12:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi all, BigGrin

The update for issue 14 has arrived and along with it is Cybots second video (featuring "Lacey" the cat).

Before the video though another circuit board is added that includes a "mode select" switch where you can tell Cybot what you want it to do.

Pic 1: remove the four screws from the indicated positions.

Pic 2: replace the screws with the supplied pillars.

Pic 3: plug the new board into the horizontal expansion socket.

Pic 4: secure the board with the four shorter screws supplied with this issue.

Pic 5: mode control switch indicated by yellow circle.

Pic 6: binary code switch set to line follow mode. Looking at the switches ,left to right they are sett to on, on, on, off or 1110.

Cybot is now ready for the "Line follow" test.

Video link here: https://youtube.com/shor...Wwngmt3VE?feature=share

Coming next: Issue 15 - Cybot starts to get the first sonar senders and receivers.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

skyfire
#42 Posted : 10 May 2022 14:55:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Only updwards from here with the circuit boards. Things change again with the circuit boards once you add the arms on the front of the robot.
delboy271155
#43 Posted : 10 May 2022 17:39:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

skyfire wrote:
Only updwards from here with the circuit boards. Things change again with the circuit boards once you add the arms on the front of the robot.

Thanks for looking in Skyfire. Cool Cool Cool

I`m really enjoying this build, its nice and easy by its simplicity and excellent instructions. (Which include write-ups on how the Tech stuff actually works)

I`ve got the sonar stuff done, but need to do the fine tuning bit before I post up the next updates.

More coming soon and again thanks for your input. (Always appreciated Cool )

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#44 Posted : 11 May 2022 07:51:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Derek, the circuitry is certainly looking more complicated now. Love Love

Mark
Palingenesis
#45 Posted : 23 May 2022 14:48:26

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

delboy271155 wrote:

Coming next: Issue 15 - Cybot starts to get the first sonar senders and receivers.

Nice to see someone still enjoying this great little robot.
This is a fantastic robot that was advanced for it's day and still has a lot to offer today.

The only problem with it in it's day was battery power, all the AA batteries it required. I'm referring to: after 9v battery is not used and it has a new battery box, also about issue 53, 54, it gets a power controller upgrade. So it is a long way off yet.
But I thought you may be interested when you get to those issue's you may want to try this modification I have done to my Cybot and Tom.
Converting Cybot to run on four 3.7 volt rechargeable batteries.

Have fun with your build. I still enjoy mine, which I got when it was issued by the way.

Tim
delboy271155
#46 Posted : 23 May 2022 16:44:16

Palingenesis wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:

Nice to see someone still enjoying this great little robot.
This is a fantastic robot that was advanced for it's day and still has a lot to offer today.

The only problem with it in it's day was battery power, all the AA batteries it required. I'm referring to: after 9v battery is not used and it has a new battery box, also about issue 53, 54, it gets a power controller upgrade. So it is a long way off yet.
But I thought you may be interested when you get to those issue's you may want to try this modification I have done to my Cybot and Tom.
Converting Cybot to run on four 3.7 volt rechargeable batteries.

Have fun with your build. I still enjoy mine, which I got when it was issued by the way.

Tim

Hi Tim, BigGrin

Firstly welcome to the forum. Cool

Many thanks for the link to the conversion as it will save money on batteries and Even at 66 Blink I`m always up to learning something. It may take a little longer these days, but being retired means I have the time required.LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)