Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hannibal Options
Hannibal
#1 Posted : 26 May 2022 20:44:06

Groups: Registered

Hello from Denmark

I 'am going to be 80 this September and have had a desire to build Sots for quite a while!
You can't get the model in Denmark!!!! - but my little sister, who lives in the UK, has just asked me for a proper birthday gift!
She has ordered the Full Kit BigGrin and I can see that the Full kit has been send but not delivered to her (Wonder what is the normal distance in days between send and receive in the UK for such an item?).

Hopefully every thing is OK and when delivered she will forward the kit to me in Denmark (I have contacted the Danish Toll an Taxes Authorities for the proper transactions and payments! so this should not be a problem (sic)).

Taking my age, trembling hands and diminished eyesight into consideration, I don't think I 'will make a build-log having seen and followed other members excellent builds, but now and then post some text and pictures with my desires and solutions to (minor) additions to Sots.

My last name is Hannibal - and hence the avatar...

One question though: How come I 'cant see attached xxxx.jpg pictures? (builds etc. in Forum for Sots)
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 27 May 2022 13:53:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Hannibal, BigGrin

Welcome to the forum. Cool Cool

Not sure on the delivery time, but I`m sure you will enjoy the SOTS.

As for the pictures not showing its an issue with the forum, nothing wrong at your end, but they should show if you refresh the page. (Maybe a couple of times)

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#3 Posted : 27 May 2022 14:26:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi Hannibal

Welcome to the forum. The SOTS is a great kit, looking forward to seeing yo make a start.BigGrin Cool

Regards
Mark
goddo
#4 Posted : 27 May 2022 22:39:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Hannibal,
Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you will enjoy building the kit.
They are a friendly and helpful crew on this forum so any questions or worries that you may have will soon be sorted.
Good luck with SOTS and hope to see or hear from you as it progresses.
Chris.
Hannibal
#5 Posted : 29 May 2022 20:59:48

Thank You for your kind welcome to this forum.

Two more things about my introduction: English is not my native language, so I 'will make some semantic blunders! (See my post 1: "distance between days!" (= 24 hours !!! Not much better...) Please correct me if my writing is completely out of context.

The SOTS will be my second model building (actually the 3. but my first model was such a disaster! - I made every fault in the book, but learned what NOT to do).

My next model was: Apostol Phillipe (OCRE,1:60) with a much more pleasant result:

(Here I wanted to insert a picture of my model, but I haven't succeeded. Should CTRL+C and CTRL+V not do the job?)

Anyway waiting to get my hands on SOTS. Will be back then.
Hannibal
File Attachment(s):
IMG_3206 (2).jpg (1,458kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 29 May 2022 21:39:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Hannibal, BigGrin

That model looks GOOD WTG. Cool Cool Cool

The reason it appears as a download is because of the picture size.

If you edit to a max of 650 pixels width then they should show.

Should you not be sure how to edit the link below should help you.

https://forum.deagostini....1653856393.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=50589034

Sometimes you may need to refresh the page for pics to appear but they will show as attachments and not downloads.

Hope this helps you.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hannibal
#7 Posted : 31 May 2022 12:58:02

Thank you delboy271155 for your answer and the kind words regarding my "Apostol Phillipe"

I can still not se "xxx.jpg" in the build logs! There is no link associated to the "xxx.jpg" - just the name. So there is nothing to refresh or download...

On the other hand, when I view my own upload (in my post 2) there is a link associated to the attached picture as you already know.

I have no idea of why/and how this should be solved - something in by browser? Or some kind of "protection"?

Regards
Hannibal
Hannibal attached the following image(s):
img problem1.jpg
delboy271155
#8 Posted : 31 May 2022 13:17:44

Can you see this?

You may have to refresh the page at the top of your browser a few times.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
31.jpg

Hannibal
#9 Posted : 31 May 2022 16:24:17

Bingo! - 5 times refresh did the job. Thank you...
HannibAL
delboy271155
#10 Posted : 31 May 2022 16:53:20

Hannibal wrote:
Bingo! - 5 times refresh did the job. Thank you...
HannibAL

You`re welcome.

If you have any problems posting your own pictures then come back and we can assist. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hannibal
#11 Posted : 31 May 2022 17:08:01

One last (?) question!

I got this mail:
https://forum.deagostini...sts&m=347093#347093
as an answer to my post. Clicking the link led to the following:

I must say that I do not understand attachment and the use of post of new topic(except for text!). It seems that I have already sent the post when I try to attach a picture! I can't preview my post including my attached pictures and then continue my text. Must be my age - not to mention lack of digital knowledge...

Regards
Hannibal
access.jpg
delboy271155
#12 Posted : 01 June 2022 20:55:42

Hannibal wrote:
One last (?) question!

I got this mail:
https://forum.deagostini...sts&m=347093#347093
as an answer to my post. Clicking the link led to the following:

I must say that I do not understand attachment and the use of post of new topic(except for text!). It seems that I have already sent the post when I try to attach a picture! I can't preview my post including my attached pictures and then continue my text. Must be my age - not to mention lack of digital knowledge...

Regards
Hannibal

Hi Hannibal, BigGrin

Firstly you need to be able to resize your pictures as an exercise on its own.

Refer back to the link in this thread post #6 and resize just one picture as shown in that link between post #3 - #6.

When you have done that get back to me here in this thread or send a PM saying you have done that. Then we will get you to post a pic.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hannibal
#13 Posted : 02 June 2022 13:29:31

This is test. I have made a screen shot - diminished it to 600x484 pixels - saved it as TEST1.JPG and would like to se it right here (simulated the picture in case it does not appear at this position):

|----------------------------------------------------------|
| |
|----------------------------------------------------------|

Since I can NOT insert (image from the tool line above: demands a link to the picture which is stored on MY computer and therefore - I suppose - is not available to other readers), so I must attach the picture (meaning (!?) it is passed WITH the post and therefore visible somehow in the browser for a potential reader)

So at this point in my message the ONLY way I can get to: Attach files/pictures to THIS message, is by saying: POST- which WILL give me access to attaching one or more pictures - and even if I have placed the cursor at the "above picture position" - the picture (pictures)will be positioned at the end of the message.

Now this is a test, and I don't know if I can resume this message and thus make comments directly under an attached picture, which is the purpose of this test!

Of course, once you know how attachments works you can refer to induvial pictures at the end of your post.

So now I 'will press POST and attach TEST1.JPG and se what options I have...

As I expected I could NOT resume my post. I could go BACK but then I lost my attached picture(pictures). The only way was to upload - which caused the message to be posted!

So now I 'm trying to EDIT my post in order to se what will be the result...

Okay- EDIT gives me an opportunity to add more text and pictures to the same post! Fine. (just for the test I have included a new an resized picture!)

And meanwhile I 'am experimenting with messages/pictures, delboy271155 answered my first attempt with BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin Thank you for your patience.

Rgd
Hannibal
test1.jpg
teat2.jpg
delboy271155
#14 Posted : 02 June 2022 13:33:16

Well done. Cool

That has worked perfectly.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)