Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Occre AEC Bus B-Type 1:24 scale Options
Blighty
#21 Posted : 02 June 2022 12:29:52

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

So, where was I?
A minor disaster struck the session, I turned the kit upside down to do some work on the underside and very little pressure was all that was needed to snap the window frames in half o the front of the cab. This was not a difficult glue up as the ply broke at slightly different locations which provided plenty of glue surface and good alignment interfaces. To prevent this happening again I taped a scrap piece of wood bridging the upper and lower window frames, this beefed up the asm considerably, I recommend you do this if you are a bit ham fisted like me. I have attached a pic of this preventative splint.
Also, for those who may build this kit ensure you file the flats to the right height that will be the interface to the side window frames, difficult to explain in words, but if you do build this kit, it will be plainly obvious when you get to that point. Finally on this subject, I also suggest the 'shepherds crook' seat mounts are not glued in until the filing is complete, this will allow unimpeeded file strokes to flatten the top surface.
Last note, hand painting all over with acrylics, painted the inside at this point.
................if you haven't fell asleep, hope you like the pics.

Blighty
Blighty attached the following image(s):
IMG_02062022_072920_(338_x_450_pixel)[1].jpg
IMG_30052022_003304_(600_x_800_pixel)[1].jpg
IMG_28052022_072848_(600_x_800_pixel)[1].jpg