Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Has anyone finished? Options
goddo
#1 Posted : 05 June 2022 08:32:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

I am looking a bit to the future here as I am still in the process of building HMS Victory.
I searched around a fair bit but I cannot find a members diary of the total build of Santisima Trinidad.
It seems odd that this particular ship has so few builds and not one of them is complete.
Perhaps I’m wrong?
Chris
CaptnBirdseye
#2 Posted : 05 June 2022 10:11:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Chris
There are a few on MSW, but think most are OcCre not DA.
I tend to swap around a lot depending on where the mood and my interest takes me. Like you I’m on with the Victory too ( and about half a dozen others -all ships funnily enough)😀

Can you actually still buy this one? Can’t see it on the website 🥺
goddo
#3 Posted : 05 June 2022 14:32:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Graham,
I just looked and can't see Santi anywhere either.
Unless Deag buck their ideas up, everyone will be going elsewhere for kits.
Isn't the Deasg kit exactly the same as the OcCre one anyway? Same size, same parts but not sure about quality differences. Not many I should imagine.
One more nail in the coffin for the forum? I hope not.
Chris
CaptnBirdseye
#4 Posted : 05 June 2022 15:27:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It’s not quite the same, but seems based on the OcCre kit. The DA version is double planked, and you get better instructions and the cross section. However it Is nearly 3 times the price. You can also buy the OcCre version in 6 instalments, or at least you can at CMB.

The false hull section comes in two parts, not 3 as with DA, and you also get ( for want of a better term) hull bracers that help keep it straight.

I guess you pays your money and takes your chance (if you can get hold of one at any rate). I admit to sometimes using the DA build instructions on the OcCre kit though BigGrin
suey
#5 Posted : 05 June 2022 16:40:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi,

Haven't even started!!!Cursing

Ordered as a complete kit, well over a year ago (so long that I've forgotten exactly when....). Arrived within a couple of weeks, as a big cuboid box.

Fortunately I had the sense to go through the contents and classify against the expected contents as listed in the pdf instruction manuals. With the able assistance of one of my cats, it took us two weeks to fully document everything in a spreadsheet.

We were NOT helped by ST X-section parts being interleaved with the main ship and no distinction between pack labels. In fact, a fair number were missing their labels altogether. Well that was an interesting time comparing the actual contents of the cellophane packs with published contents and slowly matching up what I thought each pack must be. Finally matched everything I could and ended with 2 missing packs and 4 with missing bits - seems to be a lot of missing 'strips' of varying widths. + blocks, thread and a deck half. The first 'missing' issue being no. 2 -so no I cant exactly start!!

I have every sympathy for the vicissitudes brought on by the pandemic but most parts of the western world seem to getting back to more or less normal now. So what's up with Deag? A lot of different forums are registering complaints about non-delivery of parts. I know the US forum has gone. Recovery does not appear to be on the cards. Promises of 'you'll get everything that you're due seem to be further away than ever.

Yes on my part I've phoned CS -several times. Waited VERY patiently. Admin has taken my details etc but isn't it strange, whatever method of communication you use, despite promises - you never hear anything back.

Like many others on this forum, I'm fed up.

Good luck to everyone else.

Sue
suey attached the following image(s):
Pyri supervising ST inspection.jpg
CaptnBirdseye
#6 Posted : 06 June 2022 08:22:05

BigGrin We’ll Suey if nothing else, your cat likes it LOL BigGrin LOL
goddo
#7 Posted : 06 June 2022 09:49:41

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
BigGrin We’ll Suey if nothing else, your cat likes it LOL BigGrin LOL

The cat's body warmth should be bending those planks into an interesting shape if she (far to pretty to be a tom) lays there much longer. BigGrin