Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Bonnet Lock Latches Options
Woobag
#1 Posted : 18 June 2022 18:11:05

Groups: Registered

I have managed to break 4 of these latches as they seem very delicate. Can I get some replacements?
Pack no 23 part 5C and and 99B.

I have now finished my build - what a brilliant model!

Simon
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 18 June 2022 22:52:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

If you subscribed, I can only suggest C/S giving all your sub details.
They are very helpful.
StickyMick
#3 Posted : 05 August 2023 17:11:03

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

This is something I'm currently working on at the moment. I keep losing the bonnet latches, one day I'm not going to find one or two of them again.
I have a few ideas on how to keep them from dropping out and I'll gladly share them here.

Watch Timing Washers. These are some of the smallest washers you're likely to set eyes on. If you can get some (eBay might be a good place) Some of these are so small you'll never find them if you drop them on a carpeted floor.

Watch Crown Sealing Washers. Tiny rubber O-Rings that are used for waterproofing the winders on watches.

With both these methods you can put a small cut in one side of the washer, turning it into a split ring, which can then be twisted onto the bonnet latch. This should then allow you to take the bonnet off without taking the clip right out.
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 05 August 2023 17:47:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

StickyMick wrote:
This is something I'm currently working on at the moment. I keep losing the bonnet latches, one day I'm not going to find one or two of them again.
I have a few ideas on how to keep them from dropping out and I'll gladly share them here.

Watch Timing Washers. These are some of the smallest washers you're likely to set eyes on. If you can get some (eBay might be a good place) Some of these are so small you'll never find them if you drop them on a carpeted floor.

Watch Crown Sealing Washers. Tiny rubber O-Rings that are used for waterproofing the winders on watches.

With both these methods you can put a small cut in one side of the washer, turning it into a split ring, which can then be twisted onto the bonnet latch. This should then allow you to take the bonnet off without taking the clip right out.

Hi StickyMick, BigGrin

Feel free to add your ideas to this post, we are always glad for enhancements and innovations that help fellow modellers. Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"