Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Samba van Options
darbyvet
#1 Posted : 28 June 2022 19:18:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I am back. Last year was not good.I had a major flood in my basement.All of my partwork kits ended up either partially or totally submerged for 36 hours until I could get all of the water out.As a result I had to open each bag of parts for each partwork, dry them out and repack them.Amazingly I lost hardly any parts.For the samba van I lost one hinge and the back door handle.it took me months to dry everything out and then I had to redo my hobby room and get sump pumps installed etc.. But I am now able to resume building so here is the Deagostini 1/8 Samba van.
Very nice build and very impressive kit.the cloth part of the roof is a bit discolored from being soaked in dirty water, otherwise this kit survived fien eing underwater and the finished van is really nice

Carl

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
samba1.jpg
samba2.jpg
samba3.jpg
samba4.jpg
samba5.jpg
samba6.jpg
samba7.jpg
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 28 June 2022 19:21:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

You may notice its a bit dirty.I had to have a temporary furnace installed as my furnace didnt survive the flood.The temporary furance was hot air and it blew all of the dust from my basement into my living room.The model did clean up perfectly with a dust rag.

Carl

Markwarren
#3 Posted : 28 June 2022 21:03:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work, I think a little discolourisation makes it.Love Love

Mark