Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
The Mandalorian Razor Crest Diorama Options
delboy271155
#21 Posted : 30 June 2022 21:24:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Markwarren wrote:
I have just tested the parts on a spare Mandalorian I printed to see if the new helmet, cape and jet pack would all fit.
The one I will be using will be painted first before I apply the accessories.

The pictues make it look quite large, other than the 3.8cm in length it really is.
So that should give you an idea how difficult it will be to paint as well as sand and place the parts together.
Anyway here is the test part with the accessories glued in place.

Mark

Hi Mark, BigGrin

At 3.8cms that is an amazing (resin) print.

Bring on the painted version.Cool

I won`t tell anyone, but I know you`ve done a face painting course. Ooops

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

You`ll manage, no problem.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tf64
#22 Posted : 02 July 2022 09:02:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Mark,

I admire your skills in 3d printing this is looking like a great build to see coming together, looking forward to your next post.

Good luck with the face painting.

regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Markwarren
#23 Posted : 02 July 2022 21:03:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi Mark, BigGrin

At 3.8cms that is an amazing (resin) print.

Bring on the painted version.Cool

I won`t tell anyone, but I know you`ve done a face painting course. Ooops

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

You`ll manage, no problem.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Now you’ve gone and done, put on the pressure why not. LOL Flapper

Just bought a new magnifying glass from NASA. Maybe that will help, good brand and well made from Hubble!!!!Flapper Think I might still need the mallet.

Mark

Markwarren
#24 Posted : 02 July 2022 21:08:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

tf64 wrote:
Hi Mark,

I admire your skills in 3d printing this is looking like a great build to see coming together, looking forward to your next post.

Good luck with the face painting.

regards

Trev.

Thank Trev, Think sometimes you have to be an engineer with these printers, all the settings and a lot of maintenance each time you use them. But we’ll worth the effort when you see the finished results.

Mark
Markwarren
#25 Posted : 05 July 2022 20:17:22

The Mandalorian is ready for the diorama, so it has been placed somewhere safe for now. This was one of the hardest figures I have ever painted due to its size and complexity of the amount of equipment he carries on him all at 1/72 scale. Specsavers have readjusted my eyes, so I’m all good to go again.Flapper I still have Grogu in his pod to do yet, but that is for another day. I am now concentrating on the landing legs as these will need to be done first and prepared for the main body as the electrical cables will be running through them, disguised as hydraulic hoses.
More soon
Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
IMG_3842.jpg
IMG_3836.jpg
IMG_3837.jpg
IMG_3838.jpg
IMG_3839.jpg
IMG_3840.jpg
IMG_3843.jpg
delboy271155
#26 Posted : 05 July 2022 21:50:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Super job, ThumpUp Woot ThumpUp

Told you the course was worth the investment. LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#27 Posted : 17 July 2022 19:58:19

Thanks Derek, you wouldn't believe me if I told you I saw double for a week.Love
Markwarren
#28 Posted : 17 July 2022 19:59:16

From concept to reality. Over the last two weeks I’ve been thinking about the Razor Crest diorama and how I can push the boundaries. As some of you will know, I started putting lighting into my dio’s and then I added sound effect too. Now, I’ve gone visual. Yes, I have programmed an old Raspberry PI, added a 5” screen and added Full HD video that will play on a loop that only stops when you switch it off. The 3D printed screen is a rendition of the Razor Crest console and more of this will go either side of the screen, including Grogu’s obsessive lever with the chrome ball. Here is some pictures, more on the rest of the console very soon. Popcorn at the ready.BigGrin

Mark
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
4a.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
tigerace
#29 Posted : 20 July 2022 20:07:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

That`s awesome MarkBigGrin love it mateDrool Drool

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

delboy271155
#30 Posted : 20 July 2022 23:18:21

Hi Mark, BigGrin

This is amazing work, I can`t wait to see some vid of what will show on the screen.

Looking forward to what is yet to come.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#31 Posted : 25 July 2022 13:35:32

Thank you Phil, I have to get the electronic parts done first, so I can see how it will all be put together when it comes to the main model and diorama.

Many thanks Derek, video clip just for you in the next post.BigGrin

Mark
Markwarren
#32 Posted : 25 July 2022 13:36:55

Okay, so I started preparing the screen case, sanding etc, then realised that when connecting the new power source and sound cables, I was 4mm too short inside for them to fit.Cursing Back to the drawing board to increase the size, I decided to make some alterations. I added a ridge at the top and made space for a Mandalorian logo which was printed on my resin printer separately.
Here is the modified screen finished and ready for the next console parts with all the switches on.
Here is a clip of it working with sound.

Console Test Video
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
delboy271155
#33 Posted : 25 July 2022 14:51:24

Excellent work Mark.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Needs a health warning though. I`d inadvertently left my speakers on 100% volume and my ears are still ringing. Keep answering the phone and there`s no one there.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Keep up the good work.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#34 Posted : 04 September 2022 17:58:26

Whilst on holiday a week ago, I had been looking at some ILM pictures of the Razor Crest. On the CGI model which was used in quite a few shots in the series, I noticed it showed the engine landing system and STOL pitch and thrust vents. So, iPad in hand I started measuring and designing these parts to put in my model as I thought these would make a great addition to the look of the diorama.
Here are some pictures of what I have done so far. It was very fiddley and some cutting of the stock parts were necessary.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
Silent_Running
#35 Posted : 04 September 2022 19:50:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

This is just fantastic Mark, I can’t wait to see what happens next! Drool Drool Drool Love
Regards
Glenn BigGrin
Markwarren
#36 Posted : 24 September 2022 10:23:33

Thank you Glenn

I have now installed the lighting effects to this port nacelle. It has both the landing lights as well as the engine lights. All glued together with all six 3D printed parts I designed installed. I also printed the inner engine part clear which lights up so much better than the solid part painted silver.
The inner engine and exhaust parts are pre painted as these are inset to the nacelle. A lot of masking needs doing before I gloss black the part in readiness for the Alclad aluminium.
A link to the sound effect as well as the lighting is below.
Mark
Engine Lighting and Sound Test

photo 24-09-2022, 9 59 16 am.jpg
photo 24-09-2022, 9 59 27 am.jpg
photo 24-09-2022, 9 59 46 am.jpg
photo 24-09-2022, 10 03 13 am.jpg
photo 24-09-2022, 10 03 39 am.jpg
photo 24-09-2022, 10 00 10 am.jpg
roymattblack
#37 Posted : 24 September 2022 16:39:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Some seriously impressive modelling going on here Mark.
Loving it.Love
Markwarren
#38 Posted : 25 September 2022 17:49:26

roymattblack wrote:
Some seriously impressive modelling going on here Mark.
Loving it.Love

Thank you Roy.BigGrin
admin
#39 Posted : 28 September 2022 06:59:59

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Man, Mark, this is looking awesome! The lighting and engine startup sequence are stunning.

What CAD app do you have on your iPad?

Awesome stuff!

Mark
Markwarren
#40 Posted : 28 September 2022 22:36:07

admin wrote:
Man, Mark, this is looking awesome! The lighting and engine startup sequence are stunning.

What CAD app do you have on your iPad?

Awesome stuff!

Mark

Thanks Mark, I’m really enjoying building this, although I’m making it up as I go along.
The CAD program I have for my iPad Pro is Shapr3D. It is not cheap, subscription is every 12 months. I make available all my designs in Shapeways and Etsy, which i’m hoping will fund the yearly subs.

Mark