Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
OcCre London L.C.C. 106 Options
GilShapley
#1 Posted : 10 July 2022 09:50:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

For my next Build I have returned to OcCre as I like their kits.
The London Trolley Bus looks an interesting build, plenty of instructions, lots of bits.

Have started, pictures attached more to follow as I proceed
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
Lon1.jpg
Lon2.jpg
Lon3.jpg
Lon4.jpg
Lon5.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 10 July 2022 10:10:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It looks like a great kit.
I've been tempted by this one myself, to motorize and run on my garden railway.

I'll be watching with interest.BigGrin
kpnuts
#3 Posted : 10 July 2022 16:28:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 11 July 2022 01:40:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

ooh I see another Gil masterpiece taking shape nicely.Cant break that OCCRE addiction :) I will be starting my OCCRE titanic shortly

Carl

GilShapley
#5 Posted : 11 July 2022 06:38:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Morning Carl

Nice to see you back on the forum after your recent trials and tribulations with the weather.
After the problems I had with the Fokker build I decided to return to a company I have used before. Good quality parts, plenty of pictures and instructions this old gentleman can follow BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Will be adding more pictures as the build progresses

Gil

[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
goddo
#6 Posted : 11 July 2022 09:05:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Gil, that looks a lovely kit you have there.
Occre do make some very nice stuff and. after building the model race car recently. it has certainly made me start to think about building other things rather than just HMS Victory.
I look forward to following your build diary.
Chris
GilShapley
#7 Posted : 13 July 2022 10:10:03

Progress so far, Lower deck benches installed and varnished, flooring laid and painted. When laying the flooring I laid the first strip down the center of the floor. Each additional strip was then added, with a 1mm gap between each strip until the bench was reached. Made a nice neat even look.

Picture attached
Lon6.jpg
darbyvet
#8 Posted : 13 July 2022 16:35:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

GilShapley wrote:
Morning Carl

Nice to see you back on the forum after your recent trials and tribulations with the weather.
After the problems I had with the Fokker build I decided to return to a company I have used before. Good quality parts, plenty of pictures and instructions this old gentleman can follow BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Will be adding more pictures as the build progresses

Gil

I just read your Dr1 build diary.You really made a silk purse out of a sows ear with that one.It was a very challenging build when I did mine.I dont know if I ever told you but mine destroyed itself.I had it on a high shelf and it sat up there for about a year with no problems.One day I was across the room for it and I watched it slowly roll forward and nose dive off the shelf and land in a crumpled mess on the floor before I couldt get to it.

Carl
birdaj2
#9 Posted : 15 July 2022 15:33:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Gil

Hope all is good with you.

Could i please ask what sort of markings you have in this kit.

I purchased a number of occre kits a few years ago and at that time the markings were just laser printed onto plain paper. The idea being you cut them out and glue onto the kit.

I did read (i think) recently that the tram kits now come with self adhesive markings?

Thanks

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
GilShapley
#10 Posted : 15 July 2022 16:12:03

just checked, the markings with this kit are the peel off and apply version. Not got that far yet so will post picture and let you know how good they are when I get there.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Lon7.jpg
birdaj2
#11 Posted : 15 July 2022 21:19:28

GilShapley wrote:
just checked, the markings with this kit are the peel off and apply version. Not got that far yet so will post picture and let you know how good they are when I get there.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Many thanks Gil.

Think i will have to contact occre to see if they will replace for me.

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
GilShapley
#12 Posted : 15 July 2022 21:29:09

I have found them very helpful if their are problems/missing/broken parts with their kits.
They replaced a full set of transfers on one of my train kits no problems at all

Gil
birdaj2
#13 Posted : 15 July 2022 22:01:36

GilShapley wrote:
I have found them very helpful if their are problems/missing/broken parts with their kits.
They replaced a full set of transfers on one of my train kits no problems at all

Gil

Had similar issues with missing parts from their kits so fairly sure they will be able to help.

Hope yours carries on well. Looks like a fun project.

Tony
Happy Modelling

GilShapley
#14 Posted : 04 August 2022 20:57:48

Been a bit of slow progress with this build, Grandkids and decorating has got in the way.
Hopefully now back "on track" pun intended

End panels and sides added to the floor, The inside is varnished. I find it easier to paint/varnish some parts before construction contrary to the build instructions. Each to his own.

Next is to add the supports for the cross beams, once again I have painted these prior to gluing in place.

Pictures attached
Lon6.jpg
Lon7.jpg
Lon8.jpg
Lon9.jpg
GilShapley
#15 Posted : 18 August 2022 08:34:31

Slow progress on this build for the reasons already stated.
There are 6 frets full of parts, the numbers of which are shown on a plan in the build instructions. This elderly gentleman’s eyes are not what they used to be and in order for me to find the parts required I have scanned the plans, copied them into publisher, doubled the size and printed the result. Now I can see the part numbers
I use the instructions as a guide and do not follow them word for word. I find it easier to paint some of the smaller components prior to assembly. This avoids accidently applying paint where it is not required.
As we all do I have made some small mods as the build proceeds. The “glass” for the windows is a thin plastic. The windows are basically just a hole cut into the ply. In order to make is easier to install the windows I have added frames to the model
The roof supports have eye bolts which I added prior to installing the supports, less chance of any damage to the model if I was to install these after the supports had been fitted to the model as per the instructions
Have started the platforms for each end of the tram, gave me something to do whilst waiting for glue/paint to dry
The cabin roof will be next and here I have a problem. The patterned roof supplied with the kit consists of a printed sheet which is part of the sheet of stick-on labels. This seems rather thin for its purpose and also is sticky backed??. My solution is to stick this “transfer” onto a thin piece of card which will give it some support and allow me to glue it in place on the support beams
Pictures attached
Lon12.jpg
Lon13.jpg
Lon14.jpg
Lon16.jpg
Lon15.jpg
Lon11.jpg
goddo
#16 Posted : 18 August 2022 11:39:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Looking good. A nice interesting build which has got my juices flowing.
SWMBO has said that I have to finish one before starting a new model.
Hey Ho!!
GilShapley
#17 Posted : 11 September 2022 11:19:35

Construction has been held up by the grandchildren on school holidays, but now back on it.
End platforms attached, the steps at both ends completed. It is essential to follow the correct order of assembly. This is a curved staircase and if you get the treads in the wrong order it won’t meet the top in the correct place. I assembled a few steps at a time and let the glue set to give a firm base for the next section.
Side covers for the staircases are supplied as pre-shaped metal components which need to be curved to fit the relevant side of the staircase. Transfers are added to the external sides.
The end panels are ply which needs to be soaked and then bent to fit the end platforms. I constructed a simple jig to do this. Worked well. These have yet to be attached.
I have started on the upper deck (filling in time whilst waiting for glue/paint to dry.) Looking forward to the assembly of the 18 chairs !!!!!!
Have also extracted to components to construct the carriage wheels and springs
One thing to note. The kit comes with numbered instructions which are linked to the relevant pictures. I have noticed that it is important to view the pictures carefully and there are occasions when instructions are shown on the picture, but not mentioned in the instructions.
The picture of the upper deck in picture 51 differs from that supplied with the kit. I think the kit must have been updated. Its only minor but threw me for a while. The difference is the small holes around the edge of the deck, these I presume where for the top deck rails. These have been replaced by slots which can be seen in other pictures of the top deck

Pictures attached
Lon17.jpg
Lon18.jpg
Lon12.jpg
Lon17.jpg
Lon18.jpg
Lon19.jpg
GilShapley
#18 Posted : 11 September 2022 11:25:46

Duplicated some pictures. Should of added this to add this one
Lon13.jpg
goddo
#19 Posted : 11 September 2022 12:14:26

Hi Gil,
Coming along very nicely indeed.
Lovely attention to detail, especially those curved stairs.
Chris
Markwarren
#20 Posted : 11 September 2022 18:35:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That is coming on very nicely, some great modelling skills.Love Love

Mark