Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hachette Lancaster Bomber 1/32 - Looking for spare parts Options
mjhh2
#1 Posted : 13 May 2020 10:50:17

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I am finally coming to the end of my Hachette Lancaster bomber after working on it slowly for a few years. However when opening issues 123 and 124 I have found that a few the clear plastic pieces were broken (most notably the canopy). Has anyone any spares of any of these clear plastic parts for sale?

Thanks,
Matt
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 13 May 2020 12:58:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

mjhh2 wrote:
Hi,
I am finally coming to the end of my Hachette Lancaster bomber after working on it slowly for a few years. However when opening issues 123 and 124 I have found that a few the clear plastic pieces were broken (most notably the canopy). Has anyone any spares of any of these clear plastic parts for sale?

Thanks,
Matt

Unfortunately getting the latter parts is going to be either a very long and/or lucky search.

If the damage is not to bad you could try a repair with RC Modellers Canopy Glue. It is a thick, flexible glue that is high grip and it dries clear. See link below:

https://deluxematerials....sid=7738b80cd&_ss=r

Sorry can`t be any more help than that.Crying

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

mjhh2
#3 Posted : 13 May 2020 15:19:45

Thanks for the advice Derek. I have canopy glue that would do an acceptable job - however I wanted to see if there were any parts floating around before using the broken pieces. Cheers.

Matt
Plymouth57
#4 Posted : 13 May 2020 18:04:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Matt.

The only other way you could try if no replacements come to hand would be to repair the canopy and then use it to create a mould in silicone to cast a replacement in clear resin.Although I've been getting into resin castings in a big way recently, I've never tried that myself. The other alternative would be to create a solid resin canopy in standard opaque resin and vac form a clear acetate one over that - again, I've never tried that either!
Best of luck though, you might find the repair itself is acceptable!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Gingerterry
#5 Posted : 10 July 2022 21:24:51

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Hi there, I don't suppose you still have the magazines do you?