Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Eaglemoss “is no more” Options
birdaj2
#1 Posted : 14 July 2022 18:43:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Just been looking through facebook and oddly Hachette had posted this news article about the demise of Eaglemoss:

“We are very sad to hear that one of our competitors, Eaglemoss, has gone into administration.

We would like to take the opportunity to reassure everyone that Hachette Partworks is part of a large publishing group and remains completely stable and committed to all our current customers, as well as to developing and launching new Partwork collections for the foreseeable future
.”

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 14 July 2022 22:07:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Tony, Crying Crying

This is seriously bad news. IMHO

Personally I`m six issues from finishing the ECTO 1 and on the overall view its liable to send shockwaves through the whole industry of collectables and partworks. Even if other company`s are in an OK situation it will rock public confidence.

So I guess for now its a case of wait and see.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Silent_Running
#3 Posted : 15 July 2022 08:18:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

This is absolutely terrible news, Eaglemoss created wonderful figurines over many different titles. Perhaps Hachette might take them over? Crying
mogwai
#4 Posted : 15 July 2022 08:21:00

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi aye bit annoying to say the least I was just 2 issues from the end ,just have to wait and see if the after market guys come up with last few parts to finish it Cursing
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
Silent_Running
#5 Posted : 15 July 2022 09:04:57

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

mogwai wrote:
Hi aye bit annoying to say the least I was just 2 issues from the end ,just have to wait and see if the after market guys come up with last few parts to finish it Cursing

What about the guys that have subscriptions to the enterprise build. Blink
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 15 July 2022 11:11:00

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Silent_Running wrote:
mogwai wrote:

Amazingly, Eaglemoss were also about to release the 1966 Batmobile in 1:8 scale.
People are not likely to invest in that now after this news.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

roymattblack
#7 Posted : 15 July 2022 11:22:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Silent_Running wrote:
mogwai wrote:

The Enterprise - and everything to do with EM - is finished.
They are in the hands of receivers now so it's incredibly unlikely anyone will get any kind of refunds or anything.
EM owe huge money to suppliers etc.
They will have first grabs on assets and any money.

Terrible news for everyone including other partwork companies.
As has been said, it will severely knock confidence in taking out subscriptions anywhere.
birdaj2
#8 Posted : 15 July 2022 15:30:06

It is all very sad indeed.

I still remember starting out (so long ago) with Del Prado and for a long time i thought they were good until they started having issues and finally folded.

I guess with some of the supply issues some of the partwork companies have had, plus the fact money is getting tighter by the day with the cost of living, its leaving customers very concerned that if they do invest in a build will it ever complete, and at the present prices its not the sort of money you can just “throw away” if it does not run its course.

Wondering if that Agora models might be in a position to take on some of the Eaglemoss kits as they did with the likes of the Hachette Terminator.

Really feel for anyone that has an unfinished model at this stage. Hoping there maybe a positive outcome for you in the end.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Silent_Running
#9 Posted : 15 July 2022 19:05:00

birdaj2 wrote:
It is all very sad indeed.

I still remember starting out (so long ago) with Del Prado and for a long time i thought they were good until they started having issues and finally folded.

I guess with some of the supply issues some of the partwork companies have had, plus the fact money is getting tighter by the day with the cost of living, its leaving customers very concerned that if they do invest in a build will it ever complete, and at the present prices its not the sort of money you can just “throw away” if it does not run its course.

Wondering if that Agora models might be in a position to take on some of the Eaglemoss kits as they did with the likes of the Hachette Terminator.

Really feel for anyone that has an unfinished model at this stage. Hoping there maybe a positive outcome for you in the end.

Tony

Hi Tony,
There will be brisk business on eBay as customers scramble to complete their collections. With part work builds it will still be possible to finish your model, by buying up other peoples part completed builds.

It should be noted however that Eaglemoss going into administration at this point does not mean total collapse. The first duty of an administrator is to sell the company as a going concern. Selling stock in bulk is the nuclear option as it amounts to a fire sale of the assets and the least desirable option.
Sparky1962
#10 Posted : 24 July 2022 12:58:03

morning everyone,
have just looked for their website & it goes to 404 website not found. i think that says it all.

admin
#11 Posted : 24 July 2022 14:55:30

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

What did EM in was the fact they relied on brick and mortar stores for a large chunk of business. ‘20 and ‘21 put paid to a lot of B&M stores, and then the supply chain issues kicked in…

There is a huge debt to be serviced, I’d imagine.

As a side note, Partwork Upgrades has released a set of FREE STL files for the rack on top of Ecto. A good excuse to buy a printer, if ever there was!

Cheers,

Mark
delboy271155
#12 Posted : 24 July 2022 17:45:19

admin wrote:
What did EM in was the fact they relied on brick and mortar stores for a large chunk of business. ‘20 and ‘21 put paid to a lot of B&M stores, and then the supply chain issues kicked in…

There is a huge debt to be serviced, I’d imagine.

As a side note, Partwork Upgrades has released a set of FREE STL files for the rack on top of Ecto. A good excuse to buy a printer, if ever there was!

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,Cool

Thanks for the info in your post. BigGrin

Partwork Upgrades get ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUpfrom me.

For anyone thinking they can make money off the free downloads, be warned that these are licensed items and as such cannot be printed and sold on. The download is for personnel use only.

If you download this sensational offer, try to donate as much as you can on their website to keep these guys doing what they are doing to help us all out.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp to Partwork Upgrade.

Rewgards
delboy271155
(Derek)

mwb
#13 Posted : 03 October 2022 16:46:13

Some information for those with subscriptions with the late Eaglemoss.

IXO Collections is the company that manufactures a great many of the partwork kits. They produce the Ecto 1 among others. IXO Collections has bought out some of the assets-customer base, etc.- and are planning on fulfilling the remainder of the subscriptions. I do not know the exact procedure for this yet, but I have asked Mr. Perez - the top boss of IXO Collections - if he plans to offer this to us in the US. I did this via a French model building forum, which he visits now and then - moniker is 'IXO'. Here is the thread:

https://forum-auto.carad...lemoss/page/9/#comments

This is the last page, so you can look back on what has been discussed. As I learn more I will update here. Or if you know something, please share.

P.S. if you want to keep up with the latest on partwork kits this thread is great for the latest tests and kits coming out. This is the last page, so scroll back and see all the goodies our EU friends get to play with.