Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<345
DaDokta`s HMS Victory X-section Build Options
delboy271155
#81 Posted : 08 August 2022 18:24:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

goddo wrote:
A quick question if I may?
During earlier stages of my build of HMS Victory I suggested that I place some barrels adjacent to the cannon on the lower deck.
The response from this forum was that there would never have been barrels anywhere near the area, and I totally understood that opinion..
But looking at Walters build here, he has done exactly what I had suggested?
Chris

Hi Chris,

I will leave the final say to Walter as this is his build diary, but I understand your question and these are my observations:

I have this kit (as yet unbuilt), but looking through the pdf`s this is the state of play as I see it.

The instructions do say that it is the builders choice as to where they fit barrels/buckets on the gun deck, but having looked at some of the pics within the pdf I make these notes.

The buckets are as big as the gun barrels.Blink

The buckets are bigger than the barrels. Blink Blink

So, when I get to it:

I`ll make smaller buckets if needed and

place the barrels elsewhere.

I`m interested to hear Walters view on this especially as he has this build completed.

Over to you Walter. BigGrin

Kind Regards

delboy271155

(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

goddo
#82 Posted : 08 August 2022 21:08:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

delboy271155 wrote:
goddo wrote:
A quick question if I may?
During earlier stages of my build of HMS Victory I suggested that I place some barrels adjacent to the cannon on the lower deck.
The response from this forum was that there would never have been barrels anywhere near the area, and I totally understood that opinion..
But looking at Walters build here, he has done exactly what I had suggested?
Chris

Hi Chris,

I will leave the final say to Walter as this is his build diary, but I understand your question and these are my observations:

I have this kit (as yet unbuilt), but looking through the pdf`s this is the state of play as I see it.

The instructions do say that it is the builders choice as to where they fit barrels/buckets on the gun deck, but having looked at some of the pics within the pdf I make these notes.

The buckets are as big as the gun barrels.Blink

The buckets are bigger than the barrels. Blink Blink

So, when I get to it:

I`ll make smaller buckets if needed and

place the barrels elsewhere.

I`m interested to hear Walters view on this especially as he has this build completed.

Over to you Walter. BigGrin

Kind Regards

delboy271155

(Derek)

Hi Derek,
In the last picture of Walter's post 81, the barrels and buckets all look to be in proportion to the gun barrel?Chris
DaDokta
#83 Posted : 16 August 2022 20:38:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi guys - I´m sorry, i`m on a holiday - so i didn`t look into this thread the last few days.

There are various sizes of buckets and barrels.

I put the bigger buckets aside the pumps and places where water had to be moved in bigger portions.

Aside the guns are very small (aftermarket) buckets (the smallest available) - smaller than the gun barrels.

Also aside the guns i put the smallest barrels the kit provided.

Frankly i don`t know if all of this is right - it probably isn`t (although i did a lot of research the last few years). But i`m satisfied with the look and also with the proportions.

But that doesn`t mean at all that other builders have to do it like i did.
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
goddo
#84 Posted : 16 August 2022 22:57:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Walter,
I trust you had a good holiday?
You did a fantastic job.
An inspiration to any other ship modellers who have ben following the build.
Chris