Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages «<45678>
Tombstone Arizona. Options
tf64
#101 Posted : 21 January 2022 13:59:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

Well after finishing the two Barns it was time to think about what to draw up next, so I decided to draw a church at the end of town as in the western films. This will be a very plain construction with a few seats and a table because these buildings were also used as a meeting place, as very often the town's had not built a town hall.

So on to the building, this as the rest will be built with / coffee sticks/ 1mm clear plastic sheet / 1mm brass rod plus solder/ plus a small covered porch with steps to the main entrance and a bell tower, not too sure about the roof I think they had small tiles in 1880 on town buildings.

The first pic shows Portside looking along at the framed windows with soldered support's.

This picture show's Starboard side much the same as the port side.

This picture show's the basic interior with benches and a table. ( not a great shot bit out of focus )

Next will be the Porch and steps fitted.

Thanks for looking

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tigerace
#102 Posted : 21 January 2022 17:08:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow amazing work Trev Drool love the windows Love

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

tf64
#103 Posted : 21 January 2022 19:19:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Phil, I always value your comments and thanks for looking in.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Markwarren
#104 Posted : 23 January 2022 10:33:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Fabulous work Trev, this is going to be some diorama.Love Love Love

Mark
tf64
#105 Posted : 23 January 2022 11:32:55

Hi Mark,

Thank you for looking and your nice comment, I have been working on the Stagecoach build nearly finished but I notice that some of the decorations ( side panels ) were very difficult to stay on, it could be the glue on a shiny surface, so a complete strip-down on the sides Oooo.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tenderfoot
#106 Posted : 26 January 2022 19:30:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Registered

I am absolutely enjoying your artistry...what a wonderful bit of work you are accomplishing. I have only been into modeling for a few years now and truly enjoy seeing what the possibilities are from others.

In several posts you included an image of a mini lathe that you use. Would you mind sharing information about that such as make, model, and what your thoughts are on it? I am looking to get a mini lathe and am struggling to determine what would be best. Thanks
COMPLETED:
• HMS Victory (DeAgostini Subscription) - if you haven't got it, get it...what a beautiful build. This was my first attempt at this stuff and what a great experience. The instructions were spot on for those new to the hobby.
• HMS Bounty Admiralty (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN PROGRESS:
• USS Constitution (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN NEED OF MY LOVE AND ATTENTION:
• HMS Sovereign of the Seas (DeAgostini Subscription) - promise myself I will get to this after I finish the USS Constitution and the HMS Bounty. Need to maintain balance in my marriage.
tf64
#107 Posted : 26 January 2022 22:53:45

Hi Tenderfoot,

Thank you for looking and your comments, yes give me a day or two and I will post all about my lovely Lathe I just can't wait to use it when I know I have work to do.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tf64
#108 Posted : 26 January 2022 23:29:36

Sent a PM

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tf64
#109 Posted : 09 February 2022 13:23:03

UPDATE: THE CHURCH.

Had great fun building and fitting the roof and bell tower, again all made from coffee sticks and scrap wood, I always save odd bit's of wood big or small, also turned the bell on the Lathe, which was an old bit of beech.

More soon

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

delboy271155
#110 Posted : 09 February 2022 20:55:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Trev, BigGrin

Another stunning addition to "Tombstone". Cool Love Cool

Are there any more additions to come, or has the planning authorities said "you`ve reached the building boundary". LOL LOL LOL

I`m up for some more of this incredible scratch building, so tell the planning committee Flapper Flapper Flapper

WTG Trev,

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tf64
#111 Posted : 09 February 2022 22:38:43

Hi Derek,

Thanks for looking in, well planning has said that I can build what I like ( then they put their guns away) so I thought would you like to suggest the next building for me to build, that will give me something to think about, and maybe create more interest on the forum.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Markwarren
#112 Posted : 10 February 2022 09:30:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Excellent work Trev, you are going to need a supply store with all those building now.
Keep up the great work. Love Love Love

Mark
tf64
#113 Posted : 10 February 2022 10:49:50

Thanks Mark for your interest, although I had a go at building a general store in (post 76) it looks too small and not tall enough so with your suggestion I will extend the build, thanks again for your keen eye and comments.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

delboy271155
#114 Posted : 10 February 2022 11:17:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Trev,BigGrin

Have looked back through the buildings so far and would maybe suggest a stables for the horses to go with the Blacksmiths workshop. Another thought is, as there are lots of guns about maybe an undertakers.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

tf64
#115 Posted : 10 February 2022 16:11:51

Derek,

Good idea about the stables/undertakers thought about the undertakers but did not want to offend, I will be going for the stables, this will be placed behind the OK Corel as in real life. first to finish off the Church.

Thanks to Derek's suggestion

I will be extending the old general store with one more floor thanks to Markwarren's suggestion.

Thank you both for your help.

Trev.

Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Kev the Modeller
#116 Posted : 21 August 2022 11:17:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I was really enjoying following this excellent build of yours Trev. Is there any more progress to report? I hope so. DroolThumpUp

All the best,

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
tf64
#117 Posted : 25 August 2022 12:07:49

Hi Kev,
Still working on the Tombstone build with lots of extras (small parts for background) I must say that I have had a small rest from Tombstone. I am trying to build my version of the Italian Riva Aquarama speed boat from plan with coffee sticks so bouncing from one build two the other, but more soon from Tombstone.

Regards

Trev.

Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Kev the Modeller
#118 Posted : 26 August 2022 20:26:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hello Trev,

No worries, I'm sure you'll get back to Tombstone in due course .... as long as it hasn't changed beyond all recognition when you ride back into town!! Blink Confused Laugh

That 'Riva Aquarama' build sounds interesting, the real thing is one of the most beautiful boats ever built. Quite a project I'll bet especially making it out of coffee sticks, but a lot of fun to build too? Hope you manage to achieve the high gloss finish of the originals with your model, that would be very impressive!! Cool Drool ThumpUp

All the best Trev,

Kev
Per Ardua Ad Astra
tf64
#119 Posted : 30 August 2022 10:06:49

Hi

Really enjoying this build of Tombstone, after a hectic year at the allotment I have now found more time to return to modelling, I have gone as far as I can with the church until I place it in the final position which will have steps. Also, I have made up a few tents in which many of the mine workers lived or were shot over card games, I will post pictures.

Hope you are all well

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

delboy271155
#120 Posted : 31 August 2022 11:06:32

Hi Trev, BigGrin

That`s some first class scratch building, WTG.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)