Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<567
Tombstone Arizona. Options
Silent_Running
#121 Posted : 31 August 2022 12:16:12

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Moderator

Hi Trev,
First class work, this is a joy to follow. I can’t wait to see what the whole diorama looks like. Well done 👍
Regards
Glenn BigGrin
Kev the Modeller
#122 Posted : 31 August 2022 21:13:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Absolutely blooming fantastic work there Trev and even more impressive given that this is all completely scratchbuilt! WOW!! Drool ThumpUp

That church scene looks absolutely spot on to me and the sort of thing you'd see in any Western movie?! Top notch work as always Trev, keep it coming and I eagerly await each of your updates as and when you can find the time.

All the best,

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
tf64
#123 Posted : 02 September 2022 12:42:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi
Derek thanks for looking, I have built a few small tents to post, this is where the silver miners slept out of town.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Artesania Stage-Coach.

Scratch Build: Tombstone Arizona Diorama.

tf64
#124 Posted : 02 September 2022 12:53:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Glenn,

Thank you for looking in on the Tombstone build, far from finished yet, still waiting for de-ag to settle down before I pursue another build.

Regards

Trev

Silent_Running
#125 Posted : 02 September 2022 13:08:58

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Moderator

tf64 wrote:

Glenn,

Thank you for looking in on the Tombstone build, far from finished yet, still waiting for de-ag to settle down before I pursue another build.

Regards

Trev

Hi Trev,
You’re very welcome, I’m always happy to acknowledge superb work. You have excellent scratch build skills!
Kind regards
Glenn BigGrin
tf64
#126 Posted : 02 September 2022 13:11:14

Hi Kev,

Thank you for your valued comments, I will be posting pictures of a group of tents that are made from cocktail sticks and cloth, some will show how the tents were constructed,one has a first floor for storage, that's how it was in 1880.

Regards

Trev

tf64
#127 Posted : 04 September 2022 20:26:24

Hi,

Started to build a few Tents these are made from cloth and cocktail sticks, to make the tents I had to make a small jig to hold them in place till set, in the picture you can see mine workers, these figures will have to be hand-painted.

Tents were commonplace out west with mine workers and people moving around trying to settle down until they found somewhere to live, also tents were used by the miners for gambling for some it was there last night.

Regards

Trev.