Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
BoatBetty's Build Options
BoatBetty
#41 Posted : 31 August 2022 16:50:58

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

The rigging is coming along now - finally completed the various stays - and have now found my new hate....wrapping thread around belaying pins!!

BoatBetty attached the following image(s):
V10.JPG
V11.JPG
delboy271155
#42 Posted : 31 August 2022 17:45:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Wow,Cool Love Cool

They may be the bits your not keen on, but credit where its due for your persistence its looking good.

Bite the bullet and crack on, when you come out the other side you can say "I done all of that" and soak up the praise you will deserve.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Plymouth57
#43 Posted : 31 August 2022 20:27:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Betty!

She's looking fantastic and well done you!Cool Cool Cool
Have a look at Post 364 on Page 19 of my Upgrading the DelPrado Victory diary - there's a sneaky way to get the look of tied belaying pins without actually tying them!BigGrin

Well done again!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
BoatBetty
#44 Posted : 03 September 2022 18:35:15

Thanks Robin, I will take a look at that.

Today happiness came in attaching the fore sail....even if it has taken all day to do!

I have finally allowed myself to think about which ship I will tackle next....I have the complete builds for Sovereign of the Sea, Soleil Royale and the Vasa to choose from!
v12.JPG
goddo
#45 Posted : 03 September 2022 19:33:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

[quote=BoatBetty....I have the complete builds for Sovereign of the Sea, Soleil Royale and the Vasa to choose from![/quote]

Wow, that is some build you have done there. Congratulations and so quickly too!!

You certainly do have an amazing selection of kits to choose from going forward.
Chris
BoatBetty
#46 Posted : 18 September 2022 11:08:48

And the sail rigging continues.....just about to start the main mast work. It makes you appreciate all the work that would have gone into rigging the actual Victory!

V13.JPG
V14.JPG
goddo
#47 Posted : 18 September 2022 13:38:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

A really nice job there BoatBetty.
Is it the angle of the camera or is the foremast leaning forward a little?
Chris
BoatBetty
#48 Posted : 19 September 2022 15:01:42

I've checked and it is just the angle of the camera - thank god!
BoatBetty
#49 Posted : 19 September 2022 15:01:53

goddo
#50 Posted : 19 September 2022 15:08:47

BoatBetty wrote:

That's very good news. I know I seem to check mine every day to see if they are out of alignment.
Chris
BoatBetty
#51 Posted : 06 November 2022 12:07:29

Well......she's not perfect but given it was my first model ship of this magnitude and my last woodwork lesson in school was some 30years ago, I am EXTREMELY pleased with how she has turned out!

Next sideline project is to build a perspex case to house it in for display - I have an idea and will see how it shapes up over the next couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, I have three other full model kits to choose from....the Vasa, Sovereign of the Seas and Soleil Royale......I plan to make a choice this week so keep an eye out on those other member's build diary forums to find out which LOL LOL

File Attachment(s):
VF2.JPG (325kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
VF3.JPG (353kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
VF4.JPG (354kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
VF5.JPG (331kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
goddo
#52 Posted : 07 November 2022 00:15:25

If, as you say this is your first attempt to build a ship of this level of difficulty, I would say that you have done a brilliant job and, although I am some way away from finishing, I hope that mine comes at somewhere near yours. Well done.
Chris
birdaj2
#53 Posted : 08 November 2022 20:16:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well i must say you have made a fantastic job of building this one.

Vasa is a kit i would have loved to have collected. I have the sovereign stored away for possible build during my “forced” retirement which starts 01/01/23.

Looking forward to seeing which you pick.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
BoatBetty
#54 Posted : 08 November 2022 22:25:11

Thanks Chris and Tony!

I look forward to continuing see your ships develop....I'm a bot off retirement age yet so unfortunately I shall have to content myself with the weekends!