Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

956 porsche Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 01 October 2022 21:07:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all not a model but a wip just the same, hope you're interested.

Ken's the name modeling's the game.
kpnuts
#2 Posted : 02 October 2022 20:30:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all bit more done to this.

roymattblack
#3 Posted : 03 October 2022 10:02:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Nice one Ken.
It's always good to see what other stuff members are into.BigGrin
kpnuts
#4 Posted : 08 October 2022 20:04:43

Well its done.

kpnuts
#5 Posted : 08 October 2022 20:04:46

Well its done.

kpnuts
#6 Posted : 08 October 2022 20:32:48

I've got to say watercolour is not the medium for cars, you have maybe 30 seconds to blend stuff before it just becomes a muddy puddle, I think this is the best I could do in water colours, I should have used oils where I could have spent weeks blending the tiniest detai, that said I'm pleased with with the final result, maybe if I'd used masking fluid to mask the lettering I would have got a better result, but then I've heard of masking fluid tearing paper when removing it. 
roymattblack
#7 Posted : 09 October 2022 11:19:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

A really nice result there but have you ever tried airbrush Ken?
It takes practice but that's half the fun.

Coloured pencils are good too. Easy to blend together.
I drew this Jag over 30 years ago. Scary thought.LOL LOL LOL
roymattblack attached the following image(s):
jag 2a.jpg
kpnuts
#8 Posted : 09 October 2022 16:22:41

That looks awesome roy
roymattblack
#9 Posted : 09 October 2022 17:21:50

Thanks Ken. Coloured pencils. Give it a go.
No wet stuff to muck about with.
A bit of advice - press hard. With coloured pencils you can get very 'painty' results but light wimpy 'sketching' with them doesn't work.

Anyway - all the best.