Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tamiya 1:24 Lotus Europa 'Special' Options
Kev the Modeller
#1 Posted : 10 October 2022 20:58:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hello all,

It was my birthday recently and as one of my presents, I put in a subtle request that I'd like this kit if possible. Well, I was very pleased to receive that kit from my family along with a few other goodies, some modelling related some not.

It's a beautiful little kit, complete with an engine and a removable engine cover so that the internals can be viewed, and being the enhanced edition release of this kit, comes with a PE fret containing some nice details to enhance the build, amongst other little goodies, including a set of very small, but beautifully engineered 'turned aluminium' induction trumpets to add to the twin carburettors, yummy, and also a full set of Tamiya's 1:24 seat belts, two sets of each colour, so six in total. I will be using the blue ones which still leaves me a very useful number of extra belts for the 'spares' box!

It's not going to be a massive model in 1:24 scale - the real car was quite small - but it will be a very nice model when finished! I won't be building this for a while, as I want to complete my Tamiya 1:24 McLaren 'Senna' Supercar build first?

The version I will build, is shown on the side of the box and is essentially a nod to the 'John Player Special' race cars that were racing when this full-sized car was produced? The kit also has options of fitting a rear wing and a choice of two styles of wheel. The kit also allows a white version, as shown on the box lid and another which can be done in a red/white/gold scheme as per the 'Gold Leaf' Lotus race cars, or at least very similar in appearance to the race cars. All versions have the very thin gold pinstripes included as decals:

Some shots of the kit contents:

A nice kit and I can't wait to start it, but, I suppose I will just have to be patient!

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 11 October 2022 08:41:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Looks like lovely kit.
I built the 1/12 version some time last year and really enjoyed it.

I actually had a JPS Europa many years ago and sold it after about 3 years. I loved the car. Funnily enough, now at nearly 68 I wonder if I could get in or out of one these days.Love Love Love

Look forward to seeing your build.
tf64
#3 Posted : 11 October 2022 21:31:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Kev

Remember this one looking forward to seeing your skills on this build, I have a feeling looking at the kit there is an indication it will turn out rather nice.

Good luck with the build

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).