Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

R2D2 Issue 100 missing Mains Adaptor Options
NathanR
#1 Posted : 24 September 2022 16:02:05

Groups: Registered

I was wondering if anyone could offer some help or advice. I finished my build of R2D2 back in June this year, but it turned out that issue 100 was missing the three-pin UK mains adaptor needed to charge R2 and switch him on for the very first time.

I contacted ModelSpace CS by phone in May 2022, they said they'd take care of it. Nothing happened for a few weeks, so I phoned again and was told to just be patient. I got in touch with DeAgostini through Facebook at the beginning of June and, in fairness to them, I did receive a replacement parts pack for issue 100 at the start of July. Unfortunately, the parts pack was a sealed bag that did not include the mains adaptor I needed - judging from eBay photos of the issue, the mains adaptor comes in a separate box. I've tried contacting DeAgostini through Facebook again, but I'm not getting any more responses - I guess they consider the matter resolved, or that I'm trying to con them out of parts?

One of the forum users kindly shared some of the transformer's specifications, but I've been unable to find a suitable match in local shops, or online. I flatly refuse to pay inflated eBay prices for a copy of issue 100.

Is there any way I can get a UK 3-pin mains adaptor to finish R2D2?

Silent_Running
#2 Posted : 25 September 2022 16:35:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Hi Nathan,
PM sent to your inbox
Regards
Glenn Cool
Daile
#3 Posted : 01 October 2022 13:22:37

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Hi Nathan

I have sent you a PM

Thanks
NathanR
#4 Posted : 06 October 2022 11:06:14

@Silent_Running
Many thanks for your help, but... DeAgostini just made the same mistake. I received this morning a bag of parts for issue 100, but the 3-pin UK mains adaptor is not there. Huh

The mains adaptor does not come in bag 100, it is a separate box, e.g. see this photo from eBay:

Should I return this bag of parts?

Can you ask again?
NathanR attached the following image(s):
01 Recieved.jpg
02 Adaptor.jpg
03 eBay.jpg
NathanR
#5 Posted : 12 October 2022 11:26:11

Just bumping this thread, the R2D2 mains adaptor is not included in bag 100, it comes as a separate box. Can anyone offer further assistance?

admin
#6 Posted : 14 October 2022 04:44:29

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I spoke to Italy about these, and they are currently unavailable. Your best bet is try and get one via Amazon or an electronics supplier.

What country are you in? The specs are different depending on where you reside.

Best,

Mark
NathanR
#7 Posted : 14 October 2022 10:55:49

Hi Mark, thanks for checking!

I'm in the UK, and I know some of the transformer specs (AC/DC transformer, 15V 2A output, centre positive). I just don't know what size connector is needed to plug into the base of R2, I've never been able to measure it accurately enough.

Cheers
Nathan
Plymouth57
#8 Posted : 14 October 2022 20:52:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hello Nathan.

I had a quick check on ebay and I found a 15v 2A power supply which I think will be fine. The plug connector looks identical to the photo of the R2 one and all the 15v 2A transformers have the same sized plug on them from what I can see.
Just type Power transformer 15v into the ebay search and you should find it a few down from the top. They work out at about £6 - £8, there is a multi plug version with different sized connectors but that's around the £20 mark and I'll think you'll be fine with the standard one.
Hope that helps!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Markwarren
#9 Posted : 17 October 2022 19:36:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi Nathan

Please find the link to the UK specifications.

UK Mains Adapter