Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Has anybody else noticed this? Options
goddo
#1 Posted : 31 October 2022 13:52:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

OK, so for a while now I have been wondering about the number of views stated against my HMS Victory build diary.
I haven’t made a posting on there since 26th August (for various reasons, but hope to very soon) but at the time, my diary had 181,000 odd views. I’ve checked it a couple of times since and it has now reached over 199,000 views.
Given how quiet this forum is at the moment, particularly ship building, it does seem an extraordinary large number. Even allowing for “regens” etc I am still questioning the accuracy of 19,000 views within just over a month.
I would love to think that there is a genuine increase in interest for these builds (as I say, particularly ship building) but I can’t think this is the case.
Has anybody else noticed this?
Chris
z8000783
#2 Posted : 31 October 2022 13:55:43

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

It could be because of the various Search Engines that scan the web endlessly.

It is not a private forum and so anyone can see the posts here including the SEs. It is possible to tell them not to crawl through certain parts of websites, but I would be amazed if DeAg have done that.

goddo
#3 Posted : 31 October 2022 14:34:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Hi John,
That's a very good point that hadn't occurred to me.
Now you mention it, it seems so obvious.
Chris